cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending smartforms as PDF attachement via e mail

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all:

I have configured PPF actions to send smartforms as PDF attchment via e mail it works fine in one client.

But when I copied the transport to another client, the entries in field 'Recipient' in the configuration step 'Define Conditions and Output Parameters for Comm. of Cust.Shipm. & Cust.Dcl' are not copied to the new client. I had maintained the name of the inbox folder that has e mail addresses in this field. Any one has a similar issue ? Or is this similar to the number ranges and not transportable and we have to maintain them in every client. Any insight into this very much appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

philippe_ebersold
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hy SM

I'm trying to set up this function in my system. What i need is to send the transit document (T1) to a partner (forwarder). in the customizing i found the message E0012 send document by email.

i was trying to set up this issue but ... to strange settings... for me

thanks

Phil

Former Member
0 Kudos

More info on this would be possible?

My idea is to use the device type PDF to make the output send, but it is giving an error...

"Device type PDF1 does not support page format DINA4."

Any ideas?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I found the solution.

Sami.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please give me the high level steps to do this functionality.

Thanks...

thirumal...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SM

we would appreciate if you could share the solution with us.

thankyou

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello:

If you want to send the smartform as a PDF attachment, configure your PPF action as described below:

Step 1: Define Techn. Medium for Msgs (PPF Actions) f. Cust. Shipm. and Cust. Decl.

In the action definition, choose processing type as 'External Communication'

form type: 'Smart Forms'

format: /SAPSLL/FORM_PROC

personalization type: 2 object specific....

Make this action definition partner function dependent and create a Z partner function. Maintain that

partner function in this definition.

Step 2: Define Conditions and Output Parameters for Comm. of Cust.Shipm. & Cust.Dcl

Select Communication Method: Internet Mail

Mail Settings: send status: 3

Configure the reamaining PFF actions as usual.

This will work if that configured partner function is maintained in the customs declaration. And for that business partner, maintain the e mail address in the address dependent section via txn BP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

i configured the message to send the mails as SM mentioned above and it is working now.

I have only one little problem now, does anyone know a way to change the Subject of that mail and possibly the filename of the attachment?

Thanks.

Kind regards

Sascha