cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict posting to Storage type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 2 storage types A01 and A02. I have maintained my material only for storage type A01 in Material master.

When I try to post stock for material from storage type A01 to A02, system does not give error eventhough I haven't maintained material for storage type A02 and posts stock.

How can we restrict these posting?

Thanks.

-Amol

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which tcode do you use and which mvt? Is it 999? That is the warehouse supervision mvt and this one ignores all placement strategies.

MZ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MZ,

I am using transaction LT01. I tried to use movement type '202' instead of '999' but still was able to do bin postings.

-Amol

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Try use T-code LS12. It can block a entire storage type for put-away and/or picking. It should work for your requirement.

Cheers

Edited by: YorkD on Jun 11, 2009 12:18 PM

former_member536836
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

When it will be automatic posting for first time for the material I guess system will take the storage type for which you have maintained material in material master which it is doing. But the second case which you are saying that transfering material from A01to A02 is happening because in your storage type search you must have maintained storage type A02 .

Please remove storage type A02 from search & see the result.

Hope this will resolve your query.

Regards,

Prashant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

If you assign different SUT for A02 Storage type compared to A01. Then it will retricts the material movement from A01 to A02.

Ex: If material is having a SUT as " E1 ", then A01 can be allowed with E1 and A02 should not allow E1.

Regards