cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirements BAPI_SALESORDER_SIMULATE PreAuthorization using Paymetric

Former Member

Hi,

We want to use BAPI_SALESORDER_SIMULATE to get a pre-authorization in ECC for payment card processing and then pass the Confirmed pre-authorization data into BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 or notify the customer that the Authorization Failed.

We use Paymetric for payment card processing.

I'm able to get the pre-authorization data in the simulate but now is the challenge. What fields in the import parameters of the OrderCcard table should be populated in BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 so the pre-authorization is applied to the sales order and no new authorization is created.

Thanks for your help!

Donna O'Neill

World Kitchen

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member

Hi Donna,

The field that can be used for BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 is AUTH_FLAG. If the AUTH_FLAG field is blank, then SAP will use the credit card details to request a new authorization. If the AUTH_FLAG field has an 'X', then SAP will use that to build a REQUEST and a RESPONSE line in the payment card header screen.

What I am not sure about is your definition of "pre-authorization". In SAP, pre-authorization is $1 or $0 authorization for those material availability or next service date is outside of authorization horizon. Authorization Horizon is configurable in Billing configuration.

If SIMULATION function module is obtaining full amount of authorization, that is an actual authorization, not pre-authorization, and you should be able to use it for the rest of the process.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Donna,

That's a good question. The SAP standard functionality should support that standard depending on what you are doing.

At one client recently we developed a custom coded PayFlow solution to **dramatically** reduce the processing and maintenance cost that you get with Paymetric vs. PayFlow. If you're interested I can get you directly in touch with the developer.

One thing I would suggest is to look at all of the Credit Card processing function modules. There are a boat load of them. If you want to message me privately I will send you a list this evening after I leave my client site.

Just curious, are you trying to do the preauth before creating the order, and if the auth fails you don't want to create the order? Not sure I fully understand the requirement.

Bill Wood

Former Member
0 Kudos

On our 3rd Party Consumer website we use an RFC call via ITS to simulate and create sales orders. We use BAPI_SALESORDER_SIMULATE to do the up front validation, calculate freight, taxes, etc. Then we use BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 to create the sales order and pass the results back to the website.

If the authorization fails the website is not aware then our Customer Service must contact the consumer when this happens.

Our solution is to obtain the pre-authorization during the BAPI_SALESORDER_SIMULATE instead of during BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 ... which I have been able to do without a problem. When authorization fails we will pass this information back to the website and display the necessary information to the consumer. When we have successful authorization we will pass the authorization data from the SIMULATE back to the website and then back to R/3 in the FM BAPI_SALESORDER_CREATEFROMDAT2 when we create the sales order.

I think I have this almost working now. The only missing piece is the successfully saved sales order is not going into delivery automatically.

Any recommendations would be helpful.

Thanks.

Donna