cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roadmap of NetWeaver Mobile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anybody know the SAP's for NetWeaver Mobile roadmap going forward? I have seen a roadmap up to a release of Mobile 7.1 but I would like to know the future plans. My company requires an application to run remotely on a stable environment, so I wonder if NetWeaver Mobile is supported for several years plus what new features are in the works.

Thanks,

Mario

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

Adding to what Liji mentioned, NW Mobile 7.10 will be supported until 2015 and hence you can develop mobile applications based on it and you would definitely get support from SAP

You can either develop a mobile appication based on the standard mobile client which will cater to the set of devices mentioned in [PAM|https://websmp205.sap-ag.de/~form/handler?_APP=00200682500000001303&_EVENT=DISP_NEW&00200682500000002804=01200615320900001488]

or you can write a custom client so that the application can be run in other devices. In any case, these features will be intact and will be supported in forthcoming releases also. So you can continue to run your mobile application even after upgrading to higher versions of NW Mobile.

Thanks, Dharani

Edited by: Dharani Karthikeyan on Jun 10, 2009 12:33 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses. I am quite clear now.

-Mario

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mario,

Definitely , Netweaver Mobile is the future for mobilizing enterprise solutions from SAP by creating offline or online applications.With the partner based application strategy in place(partnership with RIM and Sybase) , this is going see more adoption in near future and support for this will definitely be there for several years.

Netweaver Mobile is coming with several enhancements and features in the forthcoming Netweaver release 7.2 .

Regards,

Liji