cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating BSP Application - in IDES 4.7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have just started learning BSP. I have created a sample BSP application in IDES 4.7. While seeing the preview of the page it is asking the SAP Webapplication server username and password. Is SAP Ws will come along with the IDES 4.7 or Shall we need to install this separately? While i testing both via test/execute or placing the URL in the properties tab of the BSP page in the explorer, the page is not displaying. Can anyone guide me how to do this?

Regards

Sasidhar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member191062
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

BSP is delivered with IDES 4.7. You should be able to use if your system is configured correctly. If you see logon screen it is already a good thing.

Do you get error if you enter your user name + password.

If yes first try the service /sap/bc/ping

Does this service work?

Regards,

Dezso

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Even if i give the username and password of SAP R/3, it not going inside. If cancel that is is throwing an error> Where shall use this service /sap/bc/ping?

Regards

Sasidhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have find the path /sap/bc/ping from SICF transaction. How to test the connection. You have told me to inlcude the host name in winnt/system 32 /drivers/etc .Is this has to be done in server system or in my system? Even i include in the client it is not coming.

Even if run the test BSP applications also, it is not working.

Regards

Sasidhar

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when prompted for userid pwd, you need to provide your SAP log on details.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

it is asking the username and password of the Web Aplication server. If i give the username of SAP r/3 it is not going inside. Can you help me what needs to be done.

Regards

Sasidhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check if you have added the following entry in your hosts file.

The hosts file can be found in C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS\ETC. There will be a system file named hosts. Add the following entry -

nnn.nnn.nnn.nnn hostname.com #Description of the server

replace nnn with the IP of the server and hostname with the server hostname. It will work.

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

how did you run this? if you had run this BSP application by hitting F8 from se80 then use the user name and password of that particular client from where you started the application.

if you had copy/pasted (from SE80) the url in the browser then add the following to the url , &sap-client=<client no> to tell the browser to access particular client and use that client userid and pwd.

if you dont specify sap-client in the url (while copy/pasting it in browser) the system will try to access the default client.

Regards

Raja

can you post the url which you see in the browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Even if i include the sap-clint=800 it is not taking the username and password. Please find the link below.

http://hschntdam42:8000/sap/bc/bsp/sap/zisbsp/welcome.htm

Is there any specific settings needs to be done in SICF?

Regards

Sasidhar