cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ChARM - Change Request status issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are currently testing our ChaRM processes. The biggest issue we have with the ChARM system is that transports associated with a Change Request are being imported into subsequent systems regardless of the status of the change request.

For instance...

If I have 5 transports (each having their own change request) in which all 5 have been released from development and have been imported into the quality system. It seems that from this point on, if 3 of the 5 change requests have their status changed to "testing completed", the production import should only import 3 of the 5 tranports. We assumed that if the other two did not have a status of testing completed, they would not be allowed to be imported into production. This causes an issue because all 5 tranports will move to quality and subsequently move to production regardless of the status of the change request. All 5 of these tranports are also on the same maintenance cycle.

Is this the way the system is supposed to work? If so, how do we utilize ChARM in a continuous maintenance production environment?

Your response is appreciated, Thank You for your help.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update.

So, I guess my next question would be if Change requests and their associated tranports can be moved from one maintenance cycle to another after they have been submitted and released from Dev. My concern is that in our normal production release environment has tranports that pass testing requirements at different times.

For example, Lets say that we release transports into our production system, or "set to go live" for a scheduled import on Tuesday and Thursdays at 5PM.

On Monday, I have 5 transports from 5 different Change Requests that I develop and release the DEV environment. On Tuesday, 3 of the 5 transports have been successfully tested and are cleared to go to Production, however 2 of the Change Requests did not have testing completed.

Is it possible to move the 2 transports to a subsequent maintenance cycle so that the first 3 that successfully passed testing can proceed to go live and import on Tuesday at 5PM?

My concern is that we do not always know upon development release when the Change Request and associated transport will be permitted to go to production.

Thanks much for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

There is no easy way to unlink the correction document from the maintenance cycle. You can delete the attributes from the transport request in the development system (Attribute will show as the Maintenance Cycle Tasklist). And you can delete the transport Project assignment so ChaRM would not recognize it. But this is only a workaround. This might lead to inconsistencies.

Also other possible way is with the manipulation of Production Buffer which is not recommended.

Thanks & Regards,

Kriti Bhalla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ryan,

This is correct. Any transport which is released will go to production with the Maintenance Cycle (with which it is associated) irrespective of the status of Correction Document.

This does pose a lot of problems as users release transport request which are not ready to go to production at the time of Go-Live. This requires manual checks and re-conciliation of the Correction Document Status and Production Buffer.

Thanks & Regards,

Kriti Bhalla