cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

zero size files in Sender File Adapter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello!

I have the problem with my Sender File Adapter (ftp).

Sometimes in ftp directory there are empty files or messages with a zero-sized payload.

This situation cause an error and Adapter "sleep" until I save-active it in a configuration. (before I removed the 0-size file...).

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Alessandro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

My suggestion would be to write a shell script to remove zero sized payloads.

If you are using xi with >= sp14 guess you can specify the script to be executed before polling through OS command.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

do u have an example of this shell script?

Can I call OS command also if my adapter is an ftp adapter??

Alex

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Just check these blogs to call an shell script from file adapter. it can be done for FTP too,

/people/sameer.shadab/blog/2005/09/21/executing-unix-shell-script-using-operating-system-command-in-xi

Also, just check the link and the topic os commands before and after..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e3/94007075cae04f930cc4c034e411e1/content.htm

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

just check q 31 of note 821267.

Empty File Processing

Q: How does the File Adapter handle empty files and messages with a zero-sized payload?

A: Empty files in the sender adapter will not trigger the creation of a message. If an empty message is sent to a receiver channel, no output file will be created.

Regards,

Bhavesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhavesh !

I already read this note but this not solve my problem.

Empty file does not create an output message but create an error and lock my adapter.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

What the note states is that if your Sender File adapter picks up and empty file, then it would not trigger any message at all.

So, if what that note says is correct, then I guess for the empty file, the adapter would not ve passed any message to the integration engine.

Is there any entry in SXMB_MONI? If yes, then it means some message is actaully being passed by the adapter engine to the integration engine which shouldnt have happened at all.

What does the error message in the File Adapter state?

Regards,

Bhavesh