Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File to RFC Structure mapping

anilekar
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All

This is the first time I am going to work on customized mapping for the following requirement, please give your inputs.

I am working on File to Proxy Scenario where I have created custom proxy using standard RFC Function Module.

I have created my source data type, message type and service interface. The target structure I got by importing corresponding RFC structure and created service interface and proxy for the same.

Now I am trying for graphical mapping here to map file structure to RFC structure. Can you please tell if I have to consider whether its header data or item data. I mean how can I mention that there will be multiple entries of item.

Please let me know if mentioning in data type i.e 1 to unbound is sufficient and no need to do anything specially while mapping them to targe RFC tables.

Also, please let me know if my approach is correct. Thanks for your inputs.

Regards

Amol

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

anilekar
Participant
0 Kudos

i learned it now

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi All

> This is the first time I am going to work on customized mapping for the following requirement, please give your inputs.

>

> I am working on File to Proxy Scenario where I have created custom proxy using standard RFC Function Module.

>

> I have created my source data type, message type and service interface. The target structure I got by importing corresponding RFC structure and created service interface and proxy for the same.

>

> Now I am trying for graphical mapping here to map file structure to RFC structure. Can you please tell if I have to consider whether its header data or item data. I mean how can I mention that there will be multiple entries of item.

>

> Please let me know if mentioning in data type i.e 1 to unbound is sufficient and no need to do anything specially while mapping them to targe RFC tables.

>

> Also, please let me know if my approach is correct. Thanks for your inputs.

>

>

> Regards

> Amol

if you are asking about how to actually map a file to a RFC/Proxy structure please note that such requirements are defined by the business. The logic is owned by the customer.

But in case you are trying a POC scenario then all you need to consider is to make sure the mandatory fields and segments are mapped in the RFC/Proxy structure