cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

manual reservation consumption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a MTS scenario and am using startegy 40. I have a scenario where i want to create a manual reservation for a customer A through MB21 and mov. type 241. I do it ahead of actual order receipt to ensure that the order is definitely served when it arrives. Also, if there is no stock then the system creates a reservation with a negative sign. Now on receipt of order i'd want this reservation to automatically get assigned to this order (negative or positive), and not create a duplicate requirement while planning through MRP, one corresponding to reservation and the other corresponding to the sales order.

In a nut shell, the manual reservation created should get consumed by the incoming sales order automatically.

Any inputs will be appreciated, and an early reply will be highly appreciated

Thanks & Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

not answered

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Strategy 40 is MTS strategy as it was mentioned by you. In this strategy you fullfill customer orders from stock and it is not possible to assign stock to a particular customer.

Your production plan is represented by PIRs (planned independent requirements) and incoming SOs consuming them based on your settings. Why do you need reservations additionally?

Please maintain a proper production plan.

What you want (handle resrvations like PIRs) would mean a hard and difficult job for developers I think.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I understand the MTS and PIR dynamics and perfectly agree with what u have said. But i'd still want to make reservations for some 'sure' orders which have still not arrived, but are sure to arrive in sometime.

In that case i'd want to be in a position to serve these orders, hence make a prior reservation for these. Is there a way? i tried through some customization options in availability check group for reservation, but did not work. Let me know if u have a better idea to accomplish this.

Thanks!