cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Window Navigation In Web Dynpro ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

In one of our requirements we would have to make use of the suspend plug in Web Dynpro Abap. Would anyone happen to have any other information on this topic. Is there a sample program available which demonstrates the same?

The requirement is that, I have to call an external window (output screen) from my present screen (input screen). While this external window is active, the calling window (input screen) should be disabled. When the external window (output screen) is closed the input screen should be enabled again. I have read that suspend/resume plugs can be used for this. However, I have not been able to figure out how to use them.

As a starting point, it would help if I can find out how navigation between two windows (not views) can be achieved.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no direct navigation between two windows. But what you can do, is to integrate in one window the Interface view of another Webdynpro Component. Define a usage between the Components and on embedding a view choose "Embed interface view of a component interface"

Frank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the reply.

I was hoping that some one has worked with suspend and resume plugs.

Hari

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can enable and disable a view at least programmatically by binding the enabled property of all elements to one context variable and setting this to false when you navigate and back to true when you come back.

With these special plugs I haven't worked at time.

Frank