cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default password "PASS" for username SAP* not accepted for new client

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created a new client, client 200 in my SAP system. I assigned it to a logical system properly and exist as one of the clients on the system together with the default clients "000", "001" and "066". The problem is that when i try connecting to this newly created client using the credentials Username: SAP*, Password: pass i get an error as follows:

name or password is incorrect (repeat logon).

I also tried the password that i use to connect to the default clients and i get the same error message. Please assist.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Set parameter login/no_automatic_user_sapstar with value 0 in t-code: RZ10 then restart SAP system.

User SAP* may get locked due to incorrect login attempts. So, delete SAP* record from database level.

> sqlplus / as sysdba

SQL> delete from sapsr3.usr02 where bname='SAP*' and mandt='<client number>';

it should show 1 rowe deleted..then

SQL> commit;

Now system will allow you to login with user SAP* and password 'pass'

With Regards,

Renu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Renu for the response. Unfortunately i can not execute transaction RZ10. When i do so, i get the error message that "Unknown error in calling profile editor". I remember i tried to create an Instance Profile following one document i pulled out from the profile before i started getting this error. How do i get around this error.

As for deleting the SAP record form the database, do the same commands apply when i am using MaxDB instead. If not, what commands do i need to run. Good day.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can change the profile directly at OS level, just go to /usr/sap/<sid>/SYS/profile and edit the instance profile to add the parameter.

Then Save and restart.

Regards

Juan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

can you look at this thread

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/profile?userid=3939001]

Regards,

muralidhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the value of the parameter "login/no_automatic_user_sapstar" in your system. If this parameter is set to 1, than it is not possible to login with user SAP* and its default password "pass".

So please reset the value for this parameter to 0 and restart your SAP system to make this new value effective. You should be able to login after restart.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saurabh. Thanks for your response but please can you further assist and let me know in which transaction do i change the value of the parameter you specified i.e "login/no_automatic_user_sapstar".

Thank you in advance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can check the instance profile in Tcode RZ10 for this parameter and can change the values in RZ10 only.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can add login/no_automatic_user_sapstar parameter if it is already not there and change the value to 0 (zero). Please remember to change it back to 1 once you have finished the task and use the password 'pass'