Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem came accross when implementing Heuristic with capacity leveling

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Can anyone share there experience when implementing Heuristic with capacity leveling with super users and there requirements fulfilling ?

It will be really great help.

Thanks & Regards,

Raj

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raj,

I am sharing my past experiences with you on the subject alongwith best practices to be adopted.

1. If capacity of plant is more then requirement how the planning is done?

In heuristic, as it plans undefined capacity, during capacit levelling, the excess capacity will be shifted to next bucket where capacity exists, If demand is still on higher side even after levelling, then your planning has bottleneck resources or products, accordingly new resource to be established or products to be handled at subcontractor level.(ie excess demand)

2.If Requirement exceeds more then plant capacity?

Answer for quest 1 is same here.

3. Is Heuristics can be used for distribution companies?

Very well used. That too in MTS scenarios, it can be well used to check the demand and supply situations and take necessary actions.

4.Heuristics with capacity leveling can be used what type of industries?

Chemical industries, pharma, process industries, automotive spare parts industries, food industries etc.,

5.Tech problems that came across when implementing Heuristics or Heuristics with capacity leveling?

No Tech problems anticipated. Master data is the key factor.

6.Business problems and change management issues when implementing the process?

Prioritisation of product or demand will be a challenge in terms of business which anyway cannot be achieved in heuristic. Change management is required to avoid manual interventions as it will affect performance of systems.

Hope, I have clarified all your queries. Please confirm

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sentil:

What are the master data checks that we need to take care of for Heuristic SNP Capacity leveling.

I have one resource and the Resource Utilization report says Overload and does not level. I am not sure what mistake I am making.

Pl. help.

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

From my expierience...it depends on the expectations and the business requirements...SNP capacity leveling heuristic is a good tool for medium term planning and/or not complicated bottleneck structures.

If you extect complex calculation you may need to go through CTM or SNP Optimizer, or use PP/DS, which has more heuristic, and therefore, more possibilities in order to get the desired results.

Regards,

Raul

former_member309586
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

It will really great if anyone explain me with scenarios

1. If capacity of plant is more then requirement how the planning is done?

2.If Requirement exceeds more then plant capacity?

3. Is Heuristics can be used for distribution companies?

4.Heuristics with capacity leveling can be used what type of industries?

5.Tech problems that came across when implementing Heuristics or Heuristics with capacity leveling?

6.Business problems and change management issues when implementing the process?

Please it will really great if anyone can respond me. Thanks in advance

Regards,

Raj