cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cross-location forecast consumption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Is there any possibility to influence the forecast consumption logic in order to have a cross-location forecast consumption?

Let me explain the requirement with an example:

PROD 1 - LOC A -> FCST = 10

PROD 1 - LOC B -> FCST = 20

The situation is...if a new requirement for the first combination (PROD 1 - LOC A) of 15 is entered in the system we will consume the entire forecast in LOC A.

APO WAY:

PROD 1 - LOC A -> CONSUMED FCST = 10 --> REMAINING FORECAST = 0

PROD 1 - LOC B -> COMSUMED FCST = 0 --> REMAINING FORECAST = 20

In that case we would like to consume all forecast for LOC A (10) but also consume the remaining requirement quantity for LOC B (5).

DESIRED WAY:

PROD 1 - LOC A -> CONSUMED FCST = 10 --> REMAINING FORECAST = 0

PROD 1 - LOC B -> COMSUMED FCST = 5 --> REMAINING FORECAST = 15

We have been looking for user exits in order to influence withdrawal quantities stored in /SAPAPO/DP_SCHED table...is that correct procedure?

We are looking at BAdI "/SAPAPO/SDP_RELDATA" in order to influence the release, and change the the forecast quantities based on the withdrawal quantities, but this would force as to release forecast on daily basis.

Finally, we know that GATP functionality could be used, but it is moving sales orders in case that allocation is not possible, and we are not allowed to move sales orders across locations.

Any idea? Is that possible?

Thanks in advance,

Raul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can distribute the Fcst. across Distribution Centres as you wish but when it comes down to consumption of Fcst. it will not happen cross plant. I am not aware of the Badi you are mentioning about.

Thanks,

Harsh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

No what you are mentioning is not possible because the Praposed Strategy if you have defined as 20 is Product-Location Specific, so when a sales order is created on a location it will consume the Fcst. for that location, it does not consume the Fcst of another location. System does not make a check on that.

Thanks,

Harsh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick answer, do you think it is possible to use /SAPAPO/SDP_RELDATA in order to influence forecast distribution and "simulate" a cross-location consumption?

Example:

PROD 1 - LOC A -> FCST = 10

PROD 1 - LOC B -> FCST = 20

Sales Order in A for 15. After Sales Order creation my situation is:

PROD 1 - LOC A -> CONSUMED FCST = 10 --> REMAINING FORECAST = 0 (RELEASED = 10)

PROD 1 - LOC B -> COMSUMED FCST = 0 --> REMAINING FORECAST = 20 (RELASED = 20)

If I use /SAPAPO/SDP_RELDATA in order to check consumed quantities and redistribute forecast from B to A it would be possible to have:

PROD 1 - LOC A -> CONSUMED FCST = 15 --> REMAINING FORECAST = 0 (RELEASED = 15)

PROD 1 - LOC B -> COMSUMED FCST = 0 --> REMAINING FORECAST = 15 (RELEASED = 15)

Has someone experience on that BAdI? Is there any other possible solutions?

Thanks in advance,

Raul