cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No active correlation blocking the queue

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

I'm using 2 BPM each using a diff correlation.However,both are polling the same folder for the reverse ack file.The case is a simple file placing and receiving of the ack file.In case I place an ack file for one IP, it gets stuck in the queue and when i trigger the interface next time,the forward flow also ends up being in the queue.

I want to either delete those msg for which' no active correlation' is received so that they dont hinder the forward flow of the next instance.Or else maybe raise an exception or alert...

anyone can help me?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi abhisek

Do you mean to say that if i receive a wrong msg in my queue coz my channel will poll for all the files placed in the common folder, i can handle it by raising an exception.Remeber that my correct ack file will also be in the queue waiting for the previous (not correlate) file to get processed

As far as i can see, no technical exception as such is raised coz no correlation is found.

can you please tell me more as how to go abt it?

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
As far as i can see, no technical exception as such is raised coz no correlation is found

are you sure that we dont get an exception when no correlation is found?...because if i get it right the BPM will get stuck if there is no correct correlation defined....or if the correlation criteria is not met.....just confirm....and let me know it will solve my doubt

Thanks,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi...

sorry for the grammatical mistake...

i want to delete those msg that are stuck in the queue showing no active correlation found.

To elaborate more...suppose I'm waiting for a msg with correlation id as 'a' and a msg with correlation id 'b' gets stuck in my queue coz of 'o active correlation found', i want that this msg with id 'b' should get deleted from the queue so that it doesn't block the forward flow.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

same solution applicable....once you catch the exception your Queue wont get blocked...so just catch the exception for each of your receive step....so that if any of them is in error...no matter what error...you will get an exception...do the desired processing in the exception handler and proceed forward...BPM / Queue wont get stuck then..

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I want to either delete those msg for which' no active correlation' is received so that they dont hinder the forward flow of the next instance.Or else maybe raise an exception or alert...

Check if you can include your receive step in a block and have an exception branch in thsi block which will catch the exception (if any) and then accordingly you can have a Throw Alert / Cancel Process step....to do further processing..

Regards,

Abhishek.