cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP response as an email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have an synchronurs ABAP Proxy to SOAP scenario.

I configured the scenario and it works fine. I can see the SOAP response in SXMB_MONI. Now i want to send this response as an email. How can in configure this in XI..I dont want to use BPM in this case

Can anyone help me in this regard

-Keerthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Problem solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

The best option would be to use BPM.

It will not work by splitting this sync scenario into 2 async scenarios since WSDL on SOAP side will send response against a request message,it wont work as an independant scenario.

To get back the response,quality of service is set on the sender side,if its set to sync,WSDL must send response in same message flow,if its set to async,WSDL wont send any response.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir,

I didnt get what do u mean by setting QoS to sync/async.. as far as i know only EO,EOIO or BE can be set right...

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It will not work by splitting this sync scenario into 2 async scenarios since WSDL on SOAP side 
will send response against a request message,it wont work as an independant scenario

I am having an Async Call to a WS which is actually synchronous in nature (as the rest are)....

In my scenario I am using a BPM as it has many processing steps....just giving a portion of it:

Receive(async) -

> Send (Async_to_WS_Req) ---> Receive (Async_From_WS_Resp).....

I had to split the call to WS into Async as the processing was expected to take some time at the WS end and it was not a good option to keep the BPM's sync call on holding for this time....and it is actually working for me

So my call to WS is actually

BPM ---> WS .....Async_Req

WS---> BPM .... Async_Resp

All the SIs included for this call are Async...

If you point out some drawback of this approach it will be a new learning experiance for me:)

Thanks,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah it is only BE,EO or EOIO

When you write proxy and want to send a synchronous request(BE) you code it as "Execute synchronous" and when you want to send async request(EO or EOIO) from proxy you call it as "Execute asynchronous",thats whay i wrote it like that:)

Since quality of service always need to originate from sender system and since your proxy is sending a sync. request it will expect a response from SOAP immediately,if you split your scenario into 2 async scenarios,then you need to change the code of proxy as well as you need to change the code of Receiver system so that it doesn't send response by default.

Thats whay i said,best option is to use BPM,it will be a very simple 3 step BPM.

Receiver Step->Sync send step->Send step

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aamir

You are right we cannot split the SOAP message as Abhishek explained. I tried this and it didnt work as both the request and response are wrapped in a single WSDL.

Can you please suggest or send me a link for configuring the BPM for this scenario

-keerthi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

If you just want to send a response to e-mail,you can configure the BPM as given in the below blog

/people/arpit.seth/blog/2005/06/27/rfc-scenario-using-bpm--starter-kit

If you want to send response to both Proxy and E-mail,then you can add one more aync send to BPM.

It will be like Receiver step->Sync send step->Async step(Proxy)->Async step(E-mail).

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

I made my Proxy synchronous so that the response of the SOAP can be mapped to the export parameters of the Proxy. I dont need this to do with BPM.. do i ..???

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you just need to send the SOAP response to a synchronous proxy,you dont need BPM at all.

But if you need to send SOAP response to both Proxy and E-mail,then in that case you need BPM and it will have 4 steps as i mentioned before.

Thanks

Aamir

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have an synchronurs ABAP Proxy to SOAP scenario. 
I configured the scenario and it works fine. I can see the SOAP response in SXMB_MONI. Now i want to send this response as an email. How can in configure this in XI..I dont want to use BPM in this case

You can proceed as follows:

1) Proxy -

> SOAP ....... Async Flow with Req messages in both OB and IN message interfaces....

2) SOAP -

> Proxy .....Async Flow with Resp messages in both OB and IN message interfaces....

Now in the 2 case in the receiver determination include the Email Receiver Service...so that your mail message will be send as an email.....define other objects like CC etc accordingly for the email

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your response..

In our case, Response message is too technical. so the email recipent may not understand this. so in a way i have to customize the messages and populate the Subject, Cc, Bcc, and body of the email..where do think this can be done

-keerthis

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can take the help from XSLT mapping....using XSLT you can custimize how your email should look like....there is a blog by Michal which tells you how to do an XSLT mapping for this purpose....