cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Leading zeros in the Product allocation characteristic combinations.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am copying Characteristic combination from planning area to product allocation group, after i complete the transaction system is automatically preceding the zeroes to the product number.

I have one the following activities before copying CVC of planning area to product allocation group.

against all the Product allocation settings.

2.Created the MPOS with product (characteristic length of Product is 18), Customer and Allocation object.

3.Created planning area and planning book.

4.Copied cvc combination from planning are to product allocation group and also copied planning area values in to Product allocation group.

5.Tried to check in the ATP simulation mode, while I was doing system has given no characteristic combination found, when I checked Product is preceding zeros as per the filed MATNR length 40 and this MATNR is selected from the Product allocation field catalog, But when I add zeros to product system is performing Product allocations in simulation mode.

6.Tried triggering gATP Product allocations by creating Order in ECC, here also it has given same error No characteristic combination exists.

When I did initial R&D on this. I found that material number in the product allocation characteristic combination is leading by zeros for ex:- 000000000000000002200325.

Could any one please suggest me what to do on this.

Thanks and Regards,

T.Muthyalappa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthyalappa,

Please check your settings on the following.

1) Under customisation setting in APO, check under the menu

spro > sap guide > apo > master data > product > specify output format of a number > under this, check the leading zeros

2) Under customisation setting in ECC, check under the menu

spro > sap guide > logistics-general > material master > basic settings > define output format of material umber > under this, check the leading zeros

The leading zeros are based on these two settings.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Muthyalappa ,

If i have understood your question properly , then my guess is you should be facing this problem only for numeric material codes. Try out the following things

1. Execute the same test condition for a non numeric material. I believe it will work perfectly .

2. For numeric material codes it is not working because of the difference in MATNR length between ECC and APO. In ECC the maximum possible MATNR length is 18 char whereas it is 40 chars in APO. So as per std SAP functionality the numeric materials get concatenated with leading zeros when you try to transfer it (or carry out any kind of processing ) from ECC to APO.

ex consider material 12345. In ECC it will be stored internally as 13 leading zero's followed by12345 . But in APO it will be stored as 35 leading zero's followed by 12345. Your issue is the system does not recognize the CVC that has this material as characteristic. At the time of cvc creation / change make sure your material characteristic ( especially for numeric material codes) totally has 40 chars . Pack it with leading zeros and make the material length 40.

Try this out and update me .

Thanks

Saradha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Senthil,

Thanks for you solution, it hesped and resolved my problem.

I appreciate your help to me.

Thanks and Regards,

T.Muthyalappa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My Proble has resolved based on the Senthil solution, thanks for the interest in trying to help out me.

Thanks and Regards,

T.Muthyalappa

Answers (0)