cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error Message: If Tables already linked ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using Crystal XI Professional and am having trouble adding a new table to a working report. The error message is "If tables are already linked then the join type cannot change." I've been searching around and see that the problem is reported by others and have even see a Track ID # ... ADAPT00538716. Haven't found any resolution though ... does anyone know if this problem has been fixed or a solution given? Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

For the error:

If Tables already linked then the join type cannot change

I had the same problem and after much research I believe i have identified the solution.

It appears that our tables had a circular link within them. as in the following:

TABLE A

TABLE B

TABLE C

The field ID1 on TABLE A is linked to ID1 on TABLE B

The field ID1 on TABLE B is linked to ID1 on TABLE C

This is the problem --> The field ID1 on TABLE A is linked to ID1 on TABLE C

In our case our TABLE A had a 1 field key linked to Table B, Table A had a 2 field key (including the previous key field) linked to TABLE C and the Auto-Link added a link from B to C on the same key field auto-magically. We didn't spot it and spent at least an hour before we identified the issue.

I hope this helps someone else because this is listed multiple times as an issue but no resolutions are given

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Robert,

I have the same problem and I appreciate you posting your experience.

I am using Crystal 11.5 on Windows 7 against an Oracle 10.2 database.

Do you think this is a Crystal problem or an Oracle one, or both?

I certainly don't know.

I'm hoping I understand your solution after trying to apply it to my own problem.

Thanks again for posting.

Jim

0 Kudos

Please re-post if this is still an issue or purchase a case and have a dedicated support engineer work with you directly:

http://store.businessobjects.com/store/bobjamer/DisplayProductByTypePage&parentCategoryID=&categoryI...