cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table view with one line-Select statement doesn't work

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I'm facing a strange problem. In my model I have a service that is returning a list with all the sales orders header data for a customer. When the first line is selected then in another table view I'm displaying the line items of the document the user selects. This is done by a select statement in my first table view with the header data of the sales orders.

Now the strange thing is that when the first table view returns only one sales order then the select statement does not work i.e the line items table view is empty.

Any ideas? Points available.

BR

Panos

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is a completely standard way of working.

When you have multiple result, the first row is automatically selected, and then your second BAPI is called via a "select".

If just one row is returned, then there is no automatic selection - this is just how it works as a standard.

Fabien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabien,

thanks for the prompt reply.

Is there any workaround? I mean when a user selects to display data in a table view we can never be sure that the first table is always going to be filled with more than one lines.

BR

Panos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you dont need multiple selections at a time, then go to table properties 'Configure Element' -> 'Selction Mode' -> 'Single'. Then you will get first row selected by default even if one entry is there, but you will not able to pass more than one value to next level drilldown.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

I've already tried it. It highlights the single line but it doesn't seem to trigger the next data service and as a result the second line item table is kept empty.

BR

Panos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Right click on select line after the table. Go to 'Configure element' there you will get that 'Sales Order' field. There select 'Key' option e.g -> if your field is '0SALESORDER'then enter '0SALESORDER_Key'.

Then save & Deploy the model & then check what is coming.

I am not very sure but some times it works.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sandeep workaround : tested and approuved here

Edited by: Fabien REVOL on Jun 9, 2009 2:45 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it working? Good.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Excellent workaround!!!!!!

It's working. Thanks a lot.

Awarding points.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't quite follow this workaround and I'm having the same issue!

I right click the "select" line coming out of my table (into an input on a BAPI) and choose Configure Element. I then see the Configure Element window showing event name, guard condition etc. and the data mapping window showing my 5 input fields and associated values going into my BAPI. Where does this _Key go?

Cheers.

Answers (0)