cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Return delivery in an intercompany purchase.

Former Member
0 Kudos

A purchase order has been created between two companies on this group--> ME21N.

Now we want to make a return delivery to the supplier (a company in our group)--> MOVEMENT 122, Refered to the document number and the purchase order. After that the system creates a delivery note. But after to do the good issue, the stock remain in "transit", or "translation", and now we don't know how to make de good issue reception from the other company of the group.(stock remains in MB5T)

I hope someone can help me with that,

THANKS IN ADVANCE,

Caroline.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check OSS note 489543.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much for your help! this note 489543 is very usefull, we are in fact, in the refered *Alternative B* but I still have no clear, how to proceed onces we have made the 122 movement (partial return), and the stock stays in transit, how should the supplier make the goods receipt? how can we move this stock in transit to the supplier store??

We are trying with the transfer in two steps:

1- ME21N- Purchase Order (PO) from Company A

2.- VL04- Delivery Note + Transport order (LT03,LT12...) from Company B

3.- MIGO of the PO Company A

4.- Billing from Company B.

Then we start the return process:

5.- MBRL With the document number of the step 3. (movement 122)

6.- The stocks now is in transit !!!

What should we continue?

a)- MIGO transaction?

b).- Do I have to do anything about VL09?? I don't understand what they mean when they said that "With transaction VL09, the original good issue with movement type 642 can be reversed". Does this apply when we want to do a partial return??

Thank you again for your quick answer and your support!!

Kind regards,

Caroline

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Morning Caroline,

Oss note 489543 says:

For this scenario, it is not useful to post a partial return delivery as Transaction VL09 can only reverse the complete quantity. As a result, the stock in transit of the original supplying plant must be set up completely by the return delivery.

That's why I think you'd better use return STO item (movement type 161) scenario.

As for return delivery to vendor with mvt 122:

1. Create STO (ME21N)

2. Create delivery (supplying plant; Vl10B)

3. GI (supplying plant; VL02N; mvt 633; picking + packing might be necessary based on settings)

4. GR (receiving plant; MIGO (A01; R05); mvt 101)

5. Return delivery (receiving plant; MIGO (A02; R02); mvt 122)

6. Reverse GI (supplying plant; VL09; mvt 644)

7. ...etc...

If you post GI with mvt 122 from receiving plant, the in transit stock will appear under receiving plant (MB5T) that's why you cannot receive it by supplying plant. You have to reverse the whole GI.

Dummy solution I think, it seems SAP AG couldn't integrate 122 return delivery process with STO...

(just my opinion)

As I understand the process ggoes in this way, if you want to handle / manage partial return stock you have to apply to "Alternative A" (mvt 161).

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jun 12, 2009 8:10 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now it's absolutly clear Csaba, THANKS A LOT for your help, it's clear that we can not manage partial returns to the suppliying plant by Altenative B. It's a pitty, and I hope that SAP will propose a solutions someday , because, even if the Alternative A is correct, it's too long to manage the return for the users.

Thanks a lot again, and have a nice day!

regards,

Caroline

Answers (0)