cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prompts of Input Columns

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I've a table that contains input columns that are assigned mandatory prompts and default values by the Universe Designer. It seems to me that these input column prompts are fixed to having LOVs from objects and accepting multiple values for each prompt.

Is there anyway I can hard-coded the LOVs and restricts the prompts to accept only one value each (MONO)?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no way to override the definition of a universe prompt at report level. You must do this in your universe either by modifying the existing prompts or by introducing new ones and creating new objects (key figures, dimensions) that use the modified versions of your prompts

Hope this helps,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, but I'm not trying to override the definition of the prompts at report level. I'm trying to override the input column prompts at the Universe level. Unlike normal Universe prompts where I can modify the definitions by changing the @prompt etc., it seems that I can't do the same for the input columns prompts.

Moreover, it seems that I have to specify a constant for the default value of a input column prompts. I can't specify the default value using the @functions.

I'm using the BO XI 3.1.

0 Kudos

Hi,

what kind of data source did you build your universe on?

Regards,

Stratos

Former Member
0 Kudos

The data source is a web service connected via Data Federator. The input columns correspond to the web method input parameters.