Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processing of ANSI X12 documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

We have an EDI Interface where the ANSI messages need to be converted to IDocs

I have seen that the sender adapter is configured as Split997 adapter ,I know that the Split 997 is used for spliting the messages and also for sending the FA 997 back to partner..

1. How the EDI data will be reached to Split 997 adapter or to XI ?

2. what protocol will be used by Split997 for sending the ack (FA),do we need to configure anything for this ?

I have searched SDN but no luck..

3 .How/where the validation of EDI will be done?

4. What is the purpose of module generic edi

Thanks for replies

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Need to create Two Sender Communication Channels one for file picking (FTP,OFTP,AS2..) and other as SPlit997 Adatper for processing our main EDI payload which will gets called from partner configuration data done in seeburger workbench and called by splitter module

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

As per my knowledge,

Seeburger is Industary specific adapter,It is specifically used for tranform the EDI messages throught XI.

Seeburger provides several adapters AS2(Application Statement2),EDIINT, FTP, SMTP,VAN....etc

While we are using ANSI X12 EDI Message format. So Use AS2 adapter.

Seeburger provides integrated modules 1.Classifier 2. BIC( Businees Integration Converter) 3.Spiltter

Classifier: Identify the What kind of the EDI Data

BIC: it convert the EDI message to XML.

Spillter: It splitt the payload of EDI message.

Regards,

Sateesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. How the EDI data will be reached to Split 997 adapter or to XI ?
  2. what protocol will be used by Split997 for sending the ack (FA),do we need to configure anything for  
     this ?

Lets consider , if you are posting the EDI file using the file adapter.In the sender communication you should use classifier and SEEBURGER Converter modules.Classifier module is used to find the EDI message type.Like ANSI,EDIFACT.SEEBURGER Converter module according to the parameter split =true and mapping = auto it will find the split 997 with the help of identifier.

3 .How/where the validation of EDI will be done?

Validation will done in the BIC mapping.Before that using classifier module find the message type.

Regards,

Prakasu.m

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank for response

If file adapter is used as sender adapter then we can configure the modules of classifier and converter

then converter will invoke/call Split 997 adapter and takes caring of sending the FA and split of each EDI docs and calls receiver determination and so on..

Is my understanding correct??

in this case i need to configure the Split 997 adapter as sender right? which is different from AS2 adapter also right

please help..

Thanks in advance

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

file adapter is used as sender adapter then we can configure the modules of classifier and converter

then converter will invoke/call Split 997 adapter and takes caring of sending the FA and split of each EDI docs and calls receiver determination and so on.. 

Is my understanding correct??

Yes.

in this case i need to configure the Split 997 adapter as sender right? which is different from AS2 adapter also right

Converter module uses the spliter adapter.Inside xi.AS2 adapter is used for ouside the Xi communication.

Regards,

Prakasu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks once again

I still have some confusion.

My scenario is ANSI X12 to IDOC orders

For this i need to the follow right

1. sender adapter - File,Split997

2. receiver adapter - IDoc (as receiver is R/3)

3. sender agreeement - message type with File adapter remaining so on...

Still not clear how the FA will be sent by Split 997 adapter...

Basically i dont want to use AS2 adapter ,Is my scenario works with out, please clarify

Thank you very much

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Still not clear how the FA will be sent by Split 997 adapter...

In the sender file adapter you need to use the classifier and converter as per previous reply.

In the seeburger workbench you need to configure the split997 communication channel name and BIC

mapping name.Using the Identifier it will find the workbench configuration.According to the work bench configuration find the BIC mapping and split in to main document and child one.Main document will process according to the workbench communication channel configuration.child will process as the as per the file adapter configuration settings.

Regards,

Prakasu.M