cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sms is reaching but email is not reached.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

iam configured the mail in sap and when send message to cell phone that meaasge is reaching the cell phone but it not reaching the email address.plz help me to solve this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i checked the status in the page using sost and the status showing green colour (the message is sended to the destination successfully). but i not get mail lfrom sap.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kindly confirm if you are using the SMTP or IMGW,

if using SMTP,

1.Ping the Exchange server from the SAP host system.

2.Make sure the SMTP port mentioned in the options of SCOT is in use and open on the exchange server end.

If using IMGW,

1. Make sure the sendmail ( or the SMTP client you use) script is correct.

2. And also the file MLUNXSND file is being picked up from the location, this should be mentioned in the script.

If this does not clear, please send us the message you get in SOST which would give us more IDEAS.

Regards,

PAVAN

<removed_by_moderator>

Read the "Rules of Engagement"

Edited by: Juan Reyes on Jun 10, 2009 9:43 AM

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> i checked the status in the page using sost and the status showing green colour (the message is sended to the destination successfully). but i not get mail lfrom sap.

Check with your network/IT guys that in your SMTP server your sap Server IP is maintained in reley agent or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pugazh,

If the status of SOST is Green ,means it was sent from SAP successfully.

Try to send the mail to many common Ids ( like Gmail , yahoo etc ) and verify .

Probably the issue is the exchanger server filter /Firewall blocks the mail . Check it with Exchande

Admin and ask him to trobleshoot the same .

Anyway the mail has been sent from SAP if SOST shows it green .

Regards,

Nibu Antony

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the firewall is already disabled and antivirus mail blocking is disabled.but still its not working.

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> i am configured the mail in sap and when send message to cell phone that meaasge is reaching the cell phone but it not reaching the email address.

Look like your SMTP server is not configured for internet mail.To send mail from your SAP system to external server your Exchange server (Mail server) should be configured by IT team on SMTP server.

Again you have to configure the SAPConnect in your SAP system.For this configuration find the below sap note

SAP Note 455140 - Configuration of e-mail, fax, paging or SMS using SMTP

Regards,

Rafikul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check these settings once

Choose Set adjacent to Pager (SMS).

Specify the address areas of recipient addresses that are to be reached via this node. This is usually * if all text messages (pager/SMS) are to be sent using SMTP.

Enter the domain of the text message (pager/SMS) server or provider under Conversion into Internet Address. The system generates the local part of the Internet address automatically. The address then has the format SMS=+RecipientNumber@Domain.

Confirm

apart from this check any warnings and errors in SOST logs.

Regards,

Renu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please check the status of the emails in SOST.Are they still waiting or sent ?

thanks,Prasanna