cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

File adapters seems to sleep permanently

brian_arthern2
Participant
0 Kudos

I have configured a Sender File Adapter that connects periodically via FTP to a service to check for files.

Every so often, however, it seems to go to sleep and never pick up files. If I go into the Integration Builder and change something (e.g. add a space to the description) then activate, it then wakes up and starts picking up the files again.

Does anyone have some suggestion how to resolve this?

thanks

Brian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

brian_arthern2
Participant
0 Kudos

As suggested, I will try the OSS note.

In the meantime, I have investigated further and noticed that the polling currently happens on one of the server nodes (we have 2). I presume this could not indicate an issue, but simply should the system does not need to load-balance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian!

What do you mean with "but simply should the system does not need to load-balance?"

If one of the node polls this should be sufficient or not? In addtion polling on both nodes would be error-prone.

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Could you please check the SAP Note 849089

Thanks

Aamir

brian_arthern2
Participant
0 Kudos

The communication channel is set to Automatic control and it has a Green icon, indicating that it is started with no errors.

I also checked the Availability Times tab and there are no restrictions set there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian!

Hm. Strange behaviour...

Please excuse these stupid questions:

Is your channel really active?

And the channel monitoring in RWB shows no errors?

You said if you "freshly" activate "pseudo" changes in ID then the file adapter awakes for 1 time. Does it process a file and create a message then? Can you see the message in the RWB?

If the channel polls every 60 seconds you normally should see an entry in the RWB channel monitoring for each polling intervall.

Are there any entries in files .../j2ee/cluster/server0/log/application...log and defaultTrace.trc?

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the communication channel if the automatic control is on.Change the connection mode to Permanent and try it.

Timeout (secs) - 900 if the data is not transfer with in the time limit the connection will terminated.

Regards,

Prakasu.M

Edited by: prakasu on Jun 9, 2009 3:52 PM

brian_arthern2
Participant
0 Kudos

My settings are as follows:

QoS - Exactly Once

Poll interval (secs) - 60

Processing Mode - Delete

File type - binary

Data connection - Passive

Timeout (secs) - 900

Connect mode - Per file transfer

Transfer mode - binary

SudheerJ
Participant
0 Kudos

Check the CC in RWB CC monitoring it should be in Automatic control and not in manual mode. Also check wheather it is in start mode or stop mode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

How did you set the interfal for the channel in Integration Directory? Every 10 seconds or every 10 hours ...?

Regards,

Volker

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you feel that the CC is not working at times then check the status in RWB whether it is in Start or STop mode....

RWB --> Component Monitoring ---> Adapter Engine ---> Communication Channel Monitoring