cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Differences between Tibco BW and how to do canonical mapping in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can some one give detial difference between Tibco business works and SAP XI.Also I want to know how we implement canoncal formats in XI

Thanks in Advance,

Prabhakar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prabhakar,

If you ask me for a canonical data model in XI, i would go with XSDs. They are easy to create/import & use in XI. Since XI uses SOAP as its wire format and the payload is represented as an XML, converting from the various application data formats to your CDM will be relatively easy. Detailed difference b/w BW & XI will run to pages starting right from the base architecture. Is there any specific feature you are looking to compare ?

Regards

Saravana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Saravana,

I guess prabhakar is asking about publish-subscribe model availability within SAP XI. When we look at other EAI tools like TIBCO, Webmethods or MQ Series, all these vendors provide pubish-subscribe feature where in the source schema is converted into a canonical (intermediate) document and will be published on to bus or published to broker from where the intersted listeners would pickup and convert it to target schema/document.

This basically boils down to multicast or broadcasting of the message, which reduces the development cost when there are multiple publishers or multiple subscribers.

More-over this architecture facilitates the addition of a subscriber(target) or publisher(source) in the future.

Do we have such feature available in SAP XI?

PS: By the way could you please give me ur yahoo id. hope u remember me. I am from accord+(teradata team)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prabhakar

Pub-Sub is not directly supported in XI..as its not a BUS arch unlike TibRV.But you can still do the conversions to a standard Canonical format like they do in Siebel UAN.But one unfortunate implication is that there is a situation for huge messages floating around in the engine.You could typically have 200 xml nodes in a single structure running into a few MBs of msg size(if you couple it with SOAP/XML headers of XI) but of which you might use only 20-30 odd nodes.

Regards

Sriram V.

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you talking about canonical formats when integrating databases?can u please be clear?

Former Member
0 Kudos

yes while integrating with database .

for exampe if i have multiple publishers and have two subscribers.I need to accept all the pubilcation formats and convert it into comman format(canonical) for one subscriber and for other subscriber i have to send directly with some changes.

Also cud you please tell wahat is the protocal used in XI for message exchange(like RV in tibco)

Regards,

Prabhakar

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could read these to get a birds eye view on XI.

http://www.sap.com/solutions/netweaver/pdf/BWP_SB_ExchangeInfrastructure.pdf

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/14/80243b4a66ae0ce10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

And cud you throw more info on what you meant by the canonical formats in XI.

ShaBZ