cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created an application which I have integrated with portal. When I click a link on the first page, it should navigate to a page in the next workset.

I am using the following code to achieve this:

WDPortalNavigation.navigateAbsolute("ROLES://portal_content/other_vendors/.....FinanceManagement", WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE, null, null, WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS, null, null, null, null, true, true);

where the first parameter is my iview pcd location.

But when I click it gives me an error that Page cannot be found.

Can anyone help?

Regards,

Malita

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My guess is :

WDPortalNavigationMode.SHOW_INPLACE, null, null, WDPortalNavigationHistoryMode.NO_DUPLICATIONS, null, null, null, null, true, true);

may not work since the page is part of other role and it may not be possible to shift the role.

regards,

ganga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ganga,

Is there any alternative to this? Can navigateRelative be used instead?

Thanks & Regards,

Malita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To get the exact pcd location of the page in portal,

Open the page and in the right hand side corner you will have one button. Click on that button it opens the options (refresh, details, personalize..etc). Now select the details option. It opens a popup and shows the pcd location of that page.

Now after "ROLES://" append that path.

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

Thanks for your reply.

BUt the pcd location you told me to check is based on role. So I ll have two different pcd locations if i use that for two roles.

The commom iview pcd is not working though.

Regards,

Malita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I understood like same page is assigned to two roles and you want to the complete path for both the roles. Correct me if i am wrong. In this case do the samething you did for the page.

Go to the roles in Portal Content: open the object. Expand the role>Workset>Page. Select the page here. Now click on preview. There in the right hand side corner click on the button and select details. Here you will get the full path of that page in that role.

Regards,

Charan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Charan,

Thats right. But then for two roles I get two different pcd paths. So I will have to check for the role and set the code. I want to avoid this.

Regards,

Malita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Already you have assingned this page(Page1) to two roles(Role1, Role2). So there are only three ways.

1. You can navigate to Role1 --> Page1

2. Or You can navigate to Role2 --> Page2

3. Or you can navigate to Page1

Regards,

Charan