cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug J2EE apps on NetWeaver with Eclipse

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I'm using a plain Eclipse Ganymede IDE to develop a J2EE app, which I need to debug on a SAP NetWeaver CE 7.1 EHP1 system.

Please could somoene provide some help on how to do this? I've tried adding a server adapter, but it seems SAP hasn't provided this (or am I looking in the wrong place?). I can find adapters for IBM, Oracle, JBoss, Apache, etc. - but nothing for SAP. Surely that's incorrect? Is there additional configuration I need?

I would really appreciate some help on this, as I can't use NWDS - so this is my only option.

Thanks

Stuart

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

First of all you shall enable debug mode in SAP J2EE. As you do not have SAP IDE you can do this from SAP Management Console (SAPMMC) for you server. Just right click on Java server's node and Enable Debugging. After this you'll see in the console the opened debug port. For example, 50021.

Then you can connect Eclipse to the server as Debug Configurations -> Remote Java Application. Here you have to provide host name (localhost, for example) and the debug port (50021).

That's all

BR, Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

That's perfect... thanks for the simple explanation.

Answers (0)