cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

C'Mon SAP - We NEED 64 Bit OS support

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

With MS having released a very stable and efficient W7 release candidate (and W7 retail will be released in October) isn't it time for SAP to ensure that the SAP GUI and trial products will run on 64 bit OS'es.

Even my small humble Laptop has 4GB of RAM with a dual processor so I'm running W7 x-64 (RC version) currently.

I still need to run the trials on an XP Virtual machine -- OK it works fine but isn't it about time the systems were updated to support 64 bit OS'es.

Large corporations I understand DO take more time to upgrade products as they have to work for 100,000's of installations -- a user can simply say --OK it doesn't work so I'll revert to my previous release -- however it's been I think at least 3 years since VISTA x-64 bit appeared so SURELY some progress in this area should have been made by now.

In the current economic climate I'm sure there are plenty of IT consultants out there who would be only too hapy to assist in such a project.

(Don't PM me though - I'm lucky enough to still have a decent contract however).

So how about it SAP -- 64 Bit support on W7 please.

Cheers

jimbo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any news on this? I also have vista 64 bits and I'm not able to work with SAP GUI.

I hope there will be a solution for this... but I could not find anything about it in the marketplace.... Maybe if someone from SAP can give us a hint...

Best Regards,

Pablo.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the PAM for SAPGUI, http://service.sap.com/pam -> Quick Navigation OS info for SAP GUI for Windows 7.10

is supported for Windows Vista 64 bit.

Regards,

Srikishan