cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

barcode printing in dotmatrix

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have been successful in printing barcode labels onto a laser printer. Also the laser printer has a codepage defined which can understand horizontal tab. The barcode is created by defining the code in se73 and then using it in smartstyles and finally passing in smartforms.

Offlate, I have been instructed to print barcode labels in dotmatrix (24 pin) printers, which I am not able to do so. I guess the code page that it uses may not be able to identify the string as barcode itself.

I hit upon another idea, to convert the smartform output to pdf based on the laser printer, and then print the pdf on the dotmatrix printer. Though it worked, the barcode doesn't get displayed in sharpl contrast, and hence doesn't get scanned by the scanner.

Any input on this please. Basic request is to print the PDF417 barcode onto a form with DOTMATRIX printer only.

Thanks,

Tom Jerry.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is not possible to print barcode using dot matrix printer (not readable by scanner). Why not invest in Laser printer? the cost is quite cheap nowadays. However, I come across an article that might be useful to you, something to do with the printer settings:

http://www.taltech.com/TALtech_web/support/bckb/matrix.htm