cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automating "Logically delete"???

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are having many messages in SXBMPMAST table with status 029 (Transferred to BPE), which we want to clear now as they are occupying unnessecary space. As per a SAP Note, these messages need to be 'logically deleted' before we can deleted them SXBMPMAST table using a SAP standard program.

Since we have huge number of messages, it almost impossible to logically delete them.

My query is: Do we have any program to set messages in 029 status in SXBMPMAST table to logically delete?

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

yes, messages in status 029 need certain reorganizational steps to be deleted. These steps are a prerequisite for deletion, i.e. they ensure that deletion takes place.

The term 'logical deletion' is related to the switch procedure and describes how messages are deleted (physically or logically).

Please refer to OSS note 1042379. This note provides a detailed step-by-step instruction on reorganizsation of Business Process Engine. This way message state 003 will be assigned to these messages where 003 is considered to be a final state. Messages having state 003 (and final adapter state) will be deleted by PI house-keeping jobs as soon as the retention period has expired.

Best regards,

Harald Keimer

XI Development Support

SAP AG, Walldorf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

Thanks for the reply.

We had checked this note and then raise this query in SDN. We have more than 160000 entries with this status in SXMSPMAST table which are of no significance to us anymore. The note 1042379 says that the you have to go into each of these messages and logically delete which is not practically possible for us.

Do we have a transaction or a report which will help us to select multiple messages with 029 status and logically delete them in one go?

Thanks,

RG

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

now things become clear to me... Your main issue is the deletion of process instances.

In general we have to distinguish between deletion of process instances and deletion of messages. This is more than splitting hairs! The term 'logical deletion' has a totally different meaning in context of ccBPM and XI Runtime.

I was talking about 'logical deletion' of messages in XI (applies if and only if the switch deletion procedure is turned on in XI). Contrary you are worried about (mass) deletion of process instances in BPE.

For deleting large numbers of process instances logically transaction SWIA has been extended. This extension is also available as an advanced correction per OSS note. Please refer to note 1286336 which is coming with correction instructions for all delivered XI/PI releases.

Best regards,

Harald Keimer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Harald,

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, I want delete the messages only. We have see the messages have been sent to BPE, however, for some reason, the Business Processes which were supposed to handle these messages are not present in the system.

I checked SWIA; it is about deleting processes which in our case do not exist at all for the messages present with 029 status in SXMSPMAST table.

Regards,

Rahul

former_member334189
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Rahul,

for each message in status 029 there should exist a process instance. This process instance controls the state of the message, i.e. as soon as the process is complete the final state 003 is assigned to the message.

If messages having state 029 are residing in your system without any corresponding process instance, this sounds strange. At this point the issue should not be handled further in SDN, but I recommend to open an OSS ticket at component BC-XI-IS-BPE such that my colleagues from BPE group can have a look into this.

Best regards,

Harald Keimer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Harald.

We have already raise a OSS mesaage for the same and are still awaiting their response

Regards,

Rahul

Answers (0)