cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDM 7.0 Configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to IDM 7.0. I have configured/installed monitoring, workflow services and also installed VDA.

But i dont know how to move further..

1. How to create user in IDM 7.0

2. How to configure the SAP ABAP system

3. How user management activities can be performed.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anubha,

You have a bit of configuration before you are able to do any "user managerment" but here are a couple of 1st steps that may help get you started:

1) To create an Idm user: a) create an identity store b) On the workflow tab of the identity store, click the "Add User" button. This will create a user in idm that can be managed from workflow once you have set-up user management tasks.

2) I'm not sure what, specifically, you mean by configure the ABAP system, but in terms of user management you may want to start by importing the SAP Provisioning framework

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am closing this thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you taken a look at the bundled tutorials and the SAP Provisioning framework?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are right I have configured the provisioning framework as well as Setting up the Landscape (i.e Creating Repositories and Setting up the SAP NetWeaver Portal Environment for ABAP) but when I Run the Initial Load then nothing happend it remains at Idle state and I am not able to find the error log.

frank_wagner2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had the same problem. It it not easy to see in the documentation but there is a difference between tasks (under identity store) and jobs (at configuration level).

There should be a folder global jobs on same level as "Identity stores" - rename this to SAP_MASTER (or however you called your store). Then create your jobs there using the wizard. The jobs will now run when started.

Regards,

Frank

Edited by: Frank Wagner on Jul 12, 2009 2:41 PM