Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP* not authorized after Client copy

reza_memari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Here's the scenario:

1. Created a new logical system for a new Quality client 230.

2. Created the new client 220

3. scheduled a test remote client copy from the new client, source Production. (Successful)

4. Scheduled the actual client copy to run last night.

5. Today morning, I'm logging into the new client with SAP*, it prompted me to change password.

6. I want to look for the client copy logs (SCC3), but getting "not authorized"

7. Checked all other transactions, all giving "not authorized" error

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

reza_memari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear juan,

Thanks for your input, I can't do a remote copy since I cannot execute transaction SCC9 anymore. Shall I export the Production Client and then import that to our Quality Client through STMS? Or there's another workaround?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Reza,

Better to go for Client Export Import process . This is what SAP reccomends for coping clients between

different systems ( Like from Production to Quality ) as the remote client copy has many

disadvantages..

For this 1 ) you should get the downtime of production system and do the client export process .

SCC8 . See the logs at scc3 .

2) Copy the datafile and cofile to the Source system

3) Import it usting stms_import .

Monitor the logs as the logs will be grown massive and make sure enough space is there.

4) After client copy , go for post processing ( scc7 ) .

Hope you are clear and feel free to get back if any doubts.

Regards,

Nibu

reza_memari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Time Zone is correct.

The bigger problem:

I cannot even delete the client cause I'm not authorized to use SCC5 on the new client. How can I delete the client, recreate it, and then reinitiate the Client copy?

Thanks for all the initiatives.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You don't need to delete it, just run the client copy again it will overwrite whatever is there at the moment.

Regards

Juan

reza_memari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Profile used is SAP_ALL.

I used SAP* which should have the required authorizations on both Source and Destination clients.

Problem is I can't even execute transaction SU01 to check the authorizations now.

Thanks.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you used SAP_ALL profile for the copy... then the user master from the source was also copied... so try to logon with a user that has enough rights on the source system, password should be the same.

Regards

Juan

reza_memari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

While checking the System log on our Quality System, I got this error:

"19:30:42 BTC 011 230 SAP* TZ 1 The System's Time Zone Cannot be Determined. Enter it Using STZAC" at the time the job was scheduled to run.

Is this of any significance?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the Time zone for the Quality by going to transaction STZAC .Please change the time Zone to that is set in Quality for Different Client.

Thanks Rishi Abrol

reza_memari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Subhash,

Thank you for the hint, I looked at the logs in another client of our quality system, The logs show successful, however, only for the test run (I could tell from the timestamp). No trace of the actual copy scheduled for last night.

Dear Rishi,

/usr/sap/trans/tmp contains no log files. We have enough storage in our trans filesystem. The test run yesterday showed successful.

Dear nibu,

The log file CC000001.<SID> goes back to an older date - in 2007 - I cannot find any more recent log files.

Dear All,

Thanks for all the help, One thing I need to highlight is that I can successfully logon to the newly created client with SAP* using same password I have assigned the account yesterday before the client copy. Does this mean that the copy didn't take place (SAP* is not having the password of our SAP* in Production)? Do I have o delete and recreate the client, then do a new Client copy?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check thet what profile you selected for the client Copy.

Please check the RFC user that you used for the Client Copy has full authorization.

Thanks

Rishi Abrol

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>Thank you for the hint, I looked at the logs in another client of our quality system, The logs show >successful, however, only for the test run (I could tell from the timestamp). No trace of the actual copy >scheduled for last night.

That means Client copy job has not started into Quality system, and you are able to login with SAP* user of quality system.

You have to perform the client copy again.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Reza ,

As the production password of SAP* is not working in Quality , and the credentials before client copy

is working , and no logs have been generated , this leads me to the conclusion that no client copy is

happened in your Quality client. If your SAP_ALL client copy was successful, Quality system's

configuration, Data and Users will be overwritten by respective Production data .

Regards,

Nibu

reza_memari
Explorer
0 Kudos

The following solved the issue (hopefully):

1. Client export in Production Client.

2. Delete SAP* from Database Level for the Quality Client.

3. Login to same Quality Client using SAP* default pass.

4. initiate Client Import on the new client.

Thanks all for your wonderful cooperation. (Points were awarded to the helpful answers)

Regards,

Reza Memari

Edited by: Reza Memari on Jun 9, 2009 3:06 PM

Edited by: Reza Memari on Jun 9, 2009 3:10 PM

reza_memari
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you all for your replies.

Dear Nibu,

I'm not able to use DDIC to login with source password nor default password. I used SAP_ALL profile.

Dear Rishi,

The CCxxxxx.SID you were refering to is old going back to 2007. Thus, I can't see whether the job ran successfully.

Thanks again.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can login into any client in Quality system and check the kogs in SCC3. If the client copy has been performed successfully then the user master record has been replace with Production data so you have to use the user and password of Production system to login into Quality system.

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

CAn you please check the directory /usr/sap/trans/tmp.

Did you try the SAP* for the production system.Is your sap* activated .Please check the profile parameters at os level.

Check that there is good space in the Trans file system.

thanks

Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reza,

As Rishi told, find out the OS level logs in order to find out whether Client copy is completed

successfully . Go to /usr/sap/trans/log/<Source SID>xxxxxnumber.<Target SID > .

At the end of this file , you will get the exit code .

Check this code and if its >=4 , your client copy is successful.

If so reset the password of sap* at database level and login . Other wise we need to go for the

troubleshooting as per the error .

Regards,

Nibu

former_member184114
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Check this code and if its >=4 , your client copy is successful.

Nibu,

I believe, if the return code is <=4 then its ok. Could you please clarify?

Regards,

Faisal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Faisal..

OOps..Its <=4 ..Either 0 or 4 normally.

thanks for the clarification..

Regards,

nibu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can check the logs at OS level under the /usr/sap/trans/log Directory.file Nme CCxxxxx.SID thet is of yesterdays Date.

once the logs shows you that the client copy completed then you can reset the Password for Sap* and Login.

Thanks Rishi Abrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reza,

Are you able to login with DDIC user or any admin user of the source client ?

Also let me know the profile you used for the client copy .

Regards,

Nibu