cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mapping error..Sending file back to the folder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends / Experts,

I have a requirement, my scenario is File to proxy. When there is an error in mapping, then i need to send the file back to the source folder.

Is there any way to achive this without BPM? Also advise me the BPM steps.

Thanks in Advance

Bala.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member556412
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create the target data structure in which u also have an error description filed which indicates the error and the error description.

Generate this error Dynamically from the payload that is generated.

Use this field in the receiver determination in the condition filed to check whether the flag is set or not.

If the flag is set send back the to the source directory through a communication channel specially created for the same.

You can even send the Error description along with the file.

Regards,

Bhanu

udo_martens
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

this does only work with well known errors, so with expectable errors which can be handled by the mapping program. This kind of errors must be known by the developer and the next question would be why they cant be avoided?

Any kind of unexpected error would lead to a runtime exception and your flow will be interrupted. If you want to follow the requirements you have to use BPM because the exception branch will triggered for any case of error.

Regards,

Udo

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I have a requirement, my scenario is File to proxy. When there is an error in mapping, then i need 
to send the file back to the source folder

Using BPM:

1) Receive (from File)

2) Block

a) include a Exception Branch and put a send step in it (to send the File Back to the File Sender)

b) in the branch below the Exception Branch put the Transformation Step and have your mapping program assigned to it..

3) Send (OutSide the Block)...to send the message to the Proxy....

Check the feasibility of this design and get back if its wrong

Regards,

Abhishek.