cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settle to an expense account

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI guys: we have a situation where we have set up a capital project. We have 2 levels, one that settles to an AUC and the 2nd that settles to a cost center. Now what if you want to settle to a specific GL expense account along with a cost center? SAP is asking me to use a default cost center for this purpose. How can i settle to a GL account and use a specific cost center? Remember the receiver GL account is different from the one i initially posted to....

Will i have to set up something in OKB9?

If i settle to a balance sheet account there is no issue.

It seems that SAP only allows me to choose either a cost center or a GL account as the receiver category, but how can i settle to a different cost center using a cost center? Will a user exit help?

thanks so much!

Brian

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can set up that in OKB9.

But the other way I see is setting up FI substitutions and using an exit to pick up the Cctr from WBS master data (provided you are maintaning it on WBS master data). In this way when FI posting happens the line item will carry the Cctr along with your expense G/L account. I have used the same logic to derive Profit Ctr from WBS master data when setteling to an expense account.

Hope this helps.

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

I like the user exit way alot better....thanks Sarang...let me try that and get back with you...thx guys!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brian, can you tell me which path you have chosen on this. I am trying to setup something similar and would like to know the best alternative.

Thank you

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Mrinal_K_Roy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Brian,

Yes , the cost element needs to be mapped to the cost center through OKB9 for the respective company code.

Regards,

Mrinal