cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is SAP SD catering these business processes?

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all

I have a few inquiries as to some client business processes which i'm not really sure if we (SD) cover these or not, or if HCM cover it maybe the experienced consultant can help in my regard.

Sale of Diesel / Petrol to employees / contractors

Sale of Vehicles to employees on maturity

Sale of transport services (amenity) to employees.

Rental of Accomodation(Guest Houses, BOQs, MOQs) to employees and others

Telephone private calls

Photo copying services to employees on payment

Messing (food) services to employees

If you guys can do the needful in helping me I would be forever thankful.

Ali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Please find the answers below

Sale of Diesel / Petrol to employees / contractors

I am considering it as pure sales probably over some discounted rate not re imbursement of expense. Yes can be done in SD

Sale of Vehicles to employees on maturity

Yes but its HR, FICO or HR, FICO, SD depending upon scenario, though my vote goes to HR (for maturity calculations), FICO

Sale of transport services (amenity) to employees.

HR

Rental of Accommodation (Guest Houses, BOQs, MOQs) to employees and others

HR

Telephone private calls

HR

Photo copying services to employees on payment

Better deal with policy by incorporating certain amount in HR else it on payment keep it out of system.

Messing (food) services to employees

HR

I hope this will answer your queries,

Regards

Russell

PS (These above all solutions were implemented recently in Pharmaceutical)

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Would like to say thank yous for those comments also, in the above scenerio where the company is selling the petrol/diesal to the employee or contractor in the light of SMART card (company id card) for managing / controlling.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good to know your queries are answered.

The last query you asking depends upon multiple factors,

1) If company is providing fuel as reimbursement then it should be handled through HR, travel management where it can be handled either deduction or payment of expense. or any qouta provided, etc. etc. scenarios

2) If company product line is Oil n Gas, certainly that would be the case in which ACTUAL sale of fuel shall be happening, for that you need to create account group for employees then you can either create new order type for Employee sales or cater it with manual discount / condition types and then you can either settle it from their salary or cash payment. Though SMART card tracking seems it would be settlement at the months end. further qouta management etc. etc. can be managed through. certainly, that would depend what actual scenario is.

Cheers

Russell

(PS: i guess dont need to mention SMART card data uploading/integration with the system is required 😛 )

PSS: Do close the question if you think its answered

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member383560
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi

sale of diesel to employees, i' ve done personally, categorise those group and config those employees as partners.

and contractors this word as wider meaning need the real operation relationship , so come out with scenario.

remaining as you mentioned will come under ADMINISTRIVE OVERHEADS COST, its pertaining to FICO module.

regards

baalakrushnan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ali,

Based on the functionality which till now i have seen in SAP SD, below are my views....

> Sale of Diesel / Petrol to employees / contractors

Yes, You can do this in SD

> Sale of Vehicles to employees on maturity

It will rather require HR and SD integration, Cause for calculation of maturity is HR's Cup of tea.

> Sale of transport services (amenity) to employees.

Yes, You can do this....

> Rental of Accomodation(Guest Houses, BOQs, MOQs) to employees and others

Not sure....But i guess by customer service you can do it

> Telephone private calls

> Photo copying services to employees on payment

As its on payment, Can be done in SD (Service selling)

> Messing (food) services to employees

Wait for other experts advice also........ Revert back after you get the solution....

Thanks,

Raja

former_member232834
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Any more Ideas anyone?