cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adobe forms vs flex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to Adobe Flex. I would like to understand the differences between interactive adobe forms used within SAP and Adobe Flex. Please kindly provide me pointers.

thanks

anantharam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Adobe Flex

1. Adobe Flex is a software development kit released by Adobe Systems for the development and deployment of cross-platform rich Internet applications based on the Adobe Flash platform.

2. Flex applications can be written using Adobe Flex Builder or by using the freely available Flex compiler from Adobe.

3. LiveCycle Data Services (previously called Flex Data Services) is a server-side complement to the main Flex SDK and Flex Builder IDE and is part of a family of server-based products available from Adobe. Deployed as a Java EE application, LiveCycle Data Services adds the following capabilities to Flex applications:

a) Remoting, which allows Flex client applications to invoke methods on Java server objects directly. Similar to Java remote method invocation (RMI), remoting handles data marshalling automatically and uses a binary data transfer format.

b) Messaging, which provides the "publish" end of the "publish/subscribe" design pattern. The Flash client can publish events to a topic defined on the server, subscribe to events broadcast from the message service. One of the common use cases for this is real-time streaming of data, such as financial data or system status information.

c) Data management services, which provides a programming model for automatically managing data sets that have been downloaded to the Flex client. Once data is loaded from the server, changes are automatically tracked and can be synchronized with the server at the request of the application. Clients are also notified if changes to the data set are made on the server.

d) PDF document generation, providing APIs for generating PDF documents by merging client data or graphics with templates stored on the server.

Adobe form in SAP

Refer the link : http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/c8/4adf7ba13c4ac1b4600d4df15f8b84/frameset.htm

By

Parthi

Answers (0)