cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

question about sgen

Former Member
0 Kudos

whether I should do sgen after a new intallation fo ecc5 system ? Could you give me some advice?

and whether I should do sgen after a restore?

thanks

Edited by: victor on Jun 9, 2009 3:30 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

I will recommended to run the SGEN after the new installation of the system. The logic is that we have all new components installed on the system and we should run the SGEN to generate the objects from the components installed. Please make sure to select all the components during the first SGEN run.

There is no need to run SGEN after restoration of the system.

With Regards,

Saurabh

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

After a new installation you should run SGEN, if directly after the installation you restore from a backup it shouldn't be required but if you see that the system is compiling then running SGEN will help.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SGEN is needed when you restore a system for an homogeneous copy on a different architecture.

For example, we have ECC6 systems on Windows x86_64 and Windows Itanium.

When we restore the production database (from itanium system) on the QAS system (x86_64) we need an SGEN.

Regards,

Olivier

former_member190272
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

Read this link hope this help you.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/en/28/52583c65399965e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards,

Pankaj

former_member187565
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We always run the tcode sgen right after installation.Sometime when we upgrade the patchs of basis,abap & other sap component then also we run this tcode.

Actually this tcode compile all the ABAP programs.If you don't run this tcode after installation then, if you run some tcode for the first time then it takes lot of time for compiling the programs.

One can also run this tcode to compile the ABAP contents of specific change request.

Regards,

Rafikul