cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export BIAR BO XIR2 Command line.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

Can we export reports to a biar File using Command prompt in BO XI R2.

I know its possible in BO XI 3.1.

Any workarounds\suggestions?

Regards

Kultar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kultar

Please let me know the way if it is possible to create a biar file of reports through commandline.

I am not able to open the link mentioned by you in the earlier post.

Regards

Ranjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Ranjit,

These are the steps for XI R3.

The biarengine.jar should be used to import or export a BIAR from command line. You can also use Import wizard.

1. Create a "properties" file as follows specifying CMS logon credentials, BIAR file path and additional details.

A sample properties file is as follows:

#This file imports a biar, note this line is a commentimportBiarLocation=C:/CR#Where the file to be imported is location at c:\CR.biarbiaraction=importXMLuserName=Administratorpassword=CMS=vanmsung01:6400authentication=secEnterprise

2. Here are different attributes that can be used in properties file.

CMS : CMS nameuserName : administratorexportQuerypassword : admin passwordauthentication : secEnterpriseaction : exportXML or importXMLexportBiarLocation : absolute path separated by "/"importBiarLocation : absolute path separated by "/"exportDependencies : True or FalseincludeSecurity : True or FalseexportQuery : Query to retrieve objects to be exported. e.g. select * from ci_Infoobjects where si_name ='Xtreme Employees' and si_kind = 'Webi'exportQueriesTotal : Number greater than 0. It tells the tool how many queries you want to execute.

3. Add <Java install Directory>\bin to Path system variable.

4. Open a command line window and go to Business Objects\common\4.0\java\lib

5. Execute biarengine.jar using a command as follows:

java -jar biarengine.jar <properties file path>

6. Either the BIAR file will be imported or exported depending upon the properties file

Let me know if you have any diificulties.

Regards

Kultar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kultar,

Thanks for the helpful information. It run successfully. But problem is I can not create biar of only single report / set of reports.

Problem is when i given condition as CUID = '12345..' for that report and keep dependency = true then I actually intent to have the report and its universe along with it with universe connection.

(as in normal manual process, if you select webi report it will select universe and connection object by default)

But with above selection it gives that report (say A.rep) and ALL reports which are dependent on the universe of report A

How do i resolve this issue ??

In short I need to create a biar which contains Report, Its universe and its connection objects.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kultar

Please let me know the way if it is possible to create a biar file of reports through commandline.

Regards

Ranjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kultar

Regards

Ranjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kultar

Regards

Ranjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kultar

Regards

Ranjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kultar

Regards

Ranjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kultar,

I have never actually tried it, but believe it to be possible.

See http://www.forumtopics.com/busobj/viewtopic.php?t=59573.

Regards

Alan