cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing dialog instance on windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Champs,

Im trying to install Netweaver EP WAS server with MaxDB on Windows XP. I am a beginner in basis activity. I have successfully installed Central Instance and it is up and running fine. Now I am trying to install a Dialog instance. But when I run the sapinst.exe again it does not show me an option to install dialog instance. I tried giving same SID but it didnt work. It didn't create a DI. Can you please tell me what steps I have to perform to create a DI associated with the current CI?

Regards,

Piyush.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can check in the installation document available on [Link|www.service.sap.com/instguides]

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uday,

Thanks for you prompt reply. I have this guide but I am finding difficulty in finding the correct way to install a DI. Can you please provide the steps that need to be performed? I tried running sapinst.exe again with same SID but it didnt work.

Regards,

Piyush.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If i remember correctly you cannot insall the DI on same machine on earlier release

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Subhash,

I am using EP 7.0 SP 9. Does it support DI on a single machine? Also I got the dump from my client's DVD.

Regards,

Piyush.

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Piyush,

Well on EP you need to install the Web dispatcher not the DI. But i never install a webdispatcher on a Central system so i am not sure.

Regards,

Subhash

Edited by: Subhash Chandra on Jun 10, 2009 2:37 PM

Answers (0)