Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sales order costing

former_member208541
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

i would like to know the difference between sales order costing which is done through config settings in requirement class and the sales order costing done through VPRS at sales order item level.

a) at sales order item level we can do the costing through VPRS which pick the cost from material master.

b) aslo we can do sales order costing through the concept of product cost controlling i.e through mataining estimates at sales order line item.

what is the difference between the above A and B options above.

regards

sachin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sale Order Costing is normally applicable in MTO scenario and VPRS for MTS

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sonu,

Let me tell u the difference with an example :

Say your company is manufacturing Computers which are including CPU, Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse etc..

Now they sell this as a Computer set and also individual items. They have given the cuistomer an option of customization also.

Now When any customer comes and buy a set with the combination: then these combination having different product will have certainly bearing the cost, and these combined cost will be estimated at the time of creation of Sales order..... Which s Sales order costing....

Secondly if a customer only wants to buy say Mouse.... Then the cost of mouse will flow from VPRS i,e, from Material master.....

I hope its clear...

Thanks,

Raja