Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to assign multiple value to feed the query from Form

Private_Member_82764
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I used FORM to create a push button. I use the form to feed a query to output the result. I wonder is anyway I can send multiple value from the push button to a query? e.g. the push button is sending company code to the query. I can do it by individual record each time using combo list easily but I would like to have option so user can select all company codes to feed the query. Is anyway I can do it? Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Private_Member_82764
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply again. As you said, I also tried to use "mulitple single value" for the variable I created in the query. When I created input box and add help value, somehow VC still said based on the properties of the 'STR1' input field we recommend use the 'single selection' type. I can't change the option. it is rare because that is not what I found in the documnetation. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If you have created variable with 'Multiple single options' then you first have to refresh that query definition in the VC. Delete old 'Input form' & create new form. Then create the 'Value Help' for the field.

Then save & deploy the entire model. Also wherever you have use this variable ib the model, you have to change earlier link & create new one.

I think after doing all this it should work.

Regards

Sandeep

Private_Member_82764
Active Participant
0 Kudos

it works. Thanks.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Private_Member_82764
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply again.

I tried option 2 but for some reasons the program detect the characteristics and recommend to use single selection only even I created a variable in the query as range for the characteristics and it doesn't allow me to change in Add Help to use multiple value so the option 2 doesn't work.

I just wonder do you know the sytnax to enter mulitple values in the default value in input box? like, I have record A0001 and A0002. For single record, I can put in 'A0001' as default value but how about 2? I tried 'A0001'; 'A0002' or 'A0001' AND 'A0002' or 'A0001', 'A0002' as default value but I got syntax error. Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

For option 2 dont use range variable, instead use variable with 'Multiple single options' then it will allow ranges or multiple values in Value Help.

For enterring multiple values syntax is A0001;A0002. But make sure your variable accepts multiple values. If you are using Range variable then syntax is A0001:A003 so that it will accept 3 values.

But i think Value help is better option becaue user can see available values & then enters single or nultiple values as per his requirement. If you have nay problem in creation of value help then please let me know.

Regards

Sandeep

Private_Member_82764
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you for you reply. I feel little bit confuse and can you explain little more? I would like to have user to select an individual record from the list or select all records to pass to the query (data service) and then pass to the charts or tables.

When you said I can use table instead of form so user can select multple values instead of single record to pass to the query? Do you mean I should select 'Table View' but how can I define the data source in table view? thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Ohh, You want to pass through initial input form. There are 2 ways you can do that -

1. Create on pushbutton & select system action as 'Insert Row' & then enter values in the input box. By clicking this button you will get multiple rows where you can enter multiple values & then submit the form as usual (With another pushbutton where system action is 'Submit')

2. Create Value help for the Field. Right click on the variable & select 'value help'. By doing this user will get help like F4 help from which you can select individual or multiple values & you can again submit the form.

Also you can use drop down list or list box or combo box with 'Static Entry List' but it will allow you to pass single value only.

I hope i have answered your doubt, if you still have any doubt please let me know.

Regards

Sandeep

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Instead of Form, use table to feed multiple values. In the properties of table there is field as 'Selection Options' here you select 'Multiple selection'. After doing this you will be able to pass multiple values to the query.

No need of pushbutton, but if at all you want to create you can create it from the 'Toolbar' of the table.

You will get all the functions which are there for the pushbutton which is available in the form.

Regards

Sandeep