cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

easyDMS ACL: Why is initial Admin auth stronger than normal admin auth?

biagio_lobascio2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am having a serious problem in easyDMS. Authorisation changements in Objects (Documents and Folders) that have an initial admin autohrisation for adm1 can not be fully performed by adm2 who has "normal" admin authorisation for that object.

I tried the following:

1. Set initial Authorisation für Document by User adm1.

2. In same Document User adm2 adds new authorisation for userXY with authorisation Write. ==> success

3. In same Document User adm2 tries to change authorisation from write to read ==> not possible, old Value (Read) appers again after saving

4. In same Document User adm1 tries to change authorisation from write to read ==> success

5. In same Document User adm2 tries to change authorisation from read to write ==> success

6. Directly after "5." adm2 tries to change authorisation from write to read ==> not possible again (see result of "3.")

It seems, that higher authorisation can be set by user with "normal" authorisation, but lower authorisation can not be set.

Why does this happen? Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

In this step, you can create roles and use the profile generator to generate authorization profiles.

Activities

GOT TO -->Basis Components -> Computing Center Management System -> Users and Roles or in the Implementation Guide (IMG), choose: Basis Components -> System Administration -> Users and Authorizations -> Maintain Authorizations and Profiles using Profile Generator.

To assign an authorization profile to a user, do the following:

1. Create a role

2. Enter a description

3. Select transactions

4. Create and edit authorizations

5. Assigns users and compare the user master (in doing so, the profile is entered in the user's master record)

6. Transport roles, if desired

also check thiss url for authorization.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/c1/1c31a243c711d1893e0000e8323c4f/frameset.htm

Note: if everithing right. then also if does not works, u have to delete exisitng and creat new.

this should work.

Benakaraja

biagio_lobascio2
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your Answer,

but we allready have created UserRoles and Profiles. This problem does not depend on Backendroles. The same Happens when using SAP_ALL & SAP_NEW.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

plaese

check the following

T code SICF

Basis>Content server>Content server interface,

Duble click to open,

Goto Log on data , provide user id and Pasward.

This will solve your problem

benakaraja ES

biagio_lobascio2
Participant
0 Kudos

There is allreade set a User and Password. I do not understand what this settings should have to do with easyDMS ACL-Descriptions?

Any other suggestion?

biagio_lobascio2
Participant
0 Kudos

Am i the only one with this problem? Can anybody help???