cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete the archived messages?

JR_LM
Explorer
0 Kudos

Archiving is setup and running in our PI systems. ( I used the SDN doc, "Archive and Delete Messages in SAP. XI: A Step-by-Step Guide")

I'm now looking to automate the deletion of the archived messages (NOT the deletion of the original message in the DB, but the data that has been written out to the O/S -- the actual archived data file.

Any pointers on how to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.

-Joe Rufo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

xinjiang_li
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,Joseph:

Maybe you could try this: Configuring a file2file scenario in PI,and the sender is the archived files and the receiver is an empty file.

In the sender communication channel,you can set the processing mode to "delete".

In the receiver communication channel,you can make the "overwrite existing file" checked.

Also you can set the time interval as you like.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joseph,

Please refer the below link they explained how to archieve and delete messages.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/402fae48-0601-0010-3088-85c...

Cheers,

Raj

JR_LM
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Raj. That is the document I used to set up the archiving. Its a well-written document and it explains how to delete the data in the DB after it has been archived.

However, that is not what I am looking to do. I want to delete the data that has been written out as an archive file in the operating system (not the data in the DB)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

see below link it may help you,if not dont mind

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/8f/d906d01f77fa40a4c84683c3f8326f/content.htm

cheers,

raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

We have the same archiving/deletion jobs running in out system and had the same issue.

we are actually using jobs(scripts) at the OS level to delete the archived messages,this job is an independat job which has nothing to do with SAP XI.

There might be some SAP standard jobs which may work but we have better control with the OS level jobs(scripts).

I know it doesn't solves your problem but just thought of adding my experience:)

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

The archive job creates the files in the files system you configured. These files contain the archived messages..

What you can do is run periodic jobs to deletes files which are older than a certain date...

If there are certain types of messages you want to hold on for a longer period...then archive them seperately... and run a different batch job to clear the files...

regards,

Arvind R

JR_LM
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Arvind. That is exactly what I'm looking fto do, but how? "What you can do is run periodic jobs to deletes files which are older than a certain date."

I can't seem to find anything in the archive configuration area that will allow me to run the jobs that delete files older than a certain date. I know I can run a shell script of the O/S to accomplish this, but is there a way to accomplish it in SAP?

Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey does your project use some kind of job scheduling/Job monitoring tool like autocop...that is the simplest way to schedule jobs... If not u can ask your admin to find some OS level program that can be used for job scheduling...like the one windows uses - Windows Scheduled tasks..

regards,

Arvind R