cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTTP 400 Error - ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are working on E-Filing Interface and while triggering the Proxy in SAP HR System (Sender System) for sending the data to XI, it's giving error System failure HTTP client code 400 reason ICM_HTTP_CONNECTION failed.

Everything seems fine in the SAP HR system.

Any help will be highly appreciated.

Regards,

Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check the page 54 in the Xi trouble Shooting guide.

Also check

Under SMICM the services are up and running, can u recheck the RFC connecting from SAP to XI? Host file entry is proper? Somewere the pointer from SAP is not pointing to correct XI details, start with RFC destination from SAP to XI by looking into the rouble shooting guide.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

I have already gone through this blog; but unfortunately no luck.

Regards,

Varn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisar,

Thanks for your quick response. I have already checked SMICM and I can see HTTP and SMTP service in the running state.

I have also tested the RFC connection of HTTP type in SAP HR system which is pointing to XI and it is also working fine.

I am not sure, if I am missing something.

Please suggest.

Regards,

Varun

nisarkhan_n
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whats the hostfile name of the XI server is it fully qualified domain name have you maintaied the same in the RFC dest?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisar,

I have checked this as well. Fully Qualified Name which is given in XI system same is being used in the RFC Destination of XI system in SAP HR system.

I have executed another Proxy scenario which is also sending data to same XI server and that scenario worked absolutely fine. This means, RFC destinations are working fine.

Regards,

Varun

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

Check this in SAP R3.

SXMB_ADM

Integration engine configuration.

Role of business system = Application System

Corresponding Integration server = dest:// (name of h type RFC destination)

regards,

Milan Thaker.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milan,

Do I need to write dest:// before the name of RFC destination in SXMB_ADM.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey,

yes i guess, please try that.

regards,

Milan Thaker.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Milan,

Still no luck. Any other clue.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to sproxy configuration.Select goto and select the connection test.Select the each report and check the 4 reports.

Regards,

Prakasu.M

Former Member
0 Kudos

have a look at your HTTP connection... ECC to XI...Go to Sm59 in ECC and open the http connection to

Check if you have given the proper parameters Ip/Port / URL to ur PI system and then try test conection...u should getr a HTTP 500 response...if you doint it is purely a connection issue...

By the wat ...were you able to send messages from ur ECC to Pi earlier using proxies??

Regards,

Arvind R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

I have already tested the HTTP connection in SM59 for the XI system and it is connecting successfully with HTTP 500 response.

This is the first time, we are testing this interface. We are testing it in our Development Server.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are u sure u are running the proxy from the right client in the ECC system... Is ur PI connected to the same client as as the one u are running the test..

if so then run through the following test in that order -

All test in ur ECC system

1) Got to Sxmb_admand ... and see if the role is configured as Business system

2) See if SICF is maintained...

3) See if your quesues are registered...SXMB_ADM

4) See if ur SLD connection are ok...run SLD check...and see if ur own business system is comming up rite...

here is a link to the initial setup for ECC-Pi connection -

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/44/bc8729c60b7006e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

regards,

Arvind R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

Which service do you want me to check in SICF transaction in Sender R/3 system.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Go to SIcf -

Nagigate to - sap / xi/engine.in the hierachy menu.

Right click on engine and select activate...

regards,

Arvind R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arvind,

This service is already activated. I think there is some service in sap/bc in SICF which we need to activate but I am not sure about the service name.

I have also performed all other tests which you suggested but still no luck.

For E-Filing interface, do I need to apply any SAP Note in SAP HR system (Sender system).

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this

/people/krishna.moorthyp/blog/2006/07/23/http-errors-in-xi

REgards