Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to only synchronize one specific LDAP user group with SAP?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hopefully this is the correct forum to post this in. I want to have continuous one-way synchronization of users from my LDAP server to my SAP central system. I've started configure in SAP using transaction SM59 and LDAP. Can I somewhere set that only one specific LDAP user group shall be transferred to SAP (they do not need to be assigned to any specific group, profile, role in SAP) - or should this be done on the LDAP server side (or is it at all possible)?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the User Group field in the report RSLDAPSYNC_USER only concerns SAP user groups right? This would therefore not be sufficient since I want to select the users to synchronize based on user groups in the directory.

Thanks, Oscar

9 REPLIES 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using OU

0 Kudos

Hi Oscar, do you mean you added the required users in another OU at Active Directory level?

In the RSLDAPSYNC_USER report i can't map a uer group together with the sapUsername/sAMAccountName attributes...

Can you explain the steps you took to get it working?

Thanks a lot!

0 Kudos

Hi Oscar,

This is exactly my scenario too. I would like to retrieve from the LDAP Server not all users below an specific OU. Did you find a way to figure it out?

Thanks in advance

Ale

0 Kudos

We've used a repository constant to specify the LDAP filter for reading users / groups from the LDAP target.

E.g. LDAP_FILTER_USERS (&(objectCategory=person)(objectClass=user))

Then we also have a constant for the LDAP_STARTING_POINT

For our AD Group Initial Load we filter according to these settings:

LDAP_FILTER_GROUPS = (objectclass=group)

LDAP_STARTING_POINT_GROUPS = ou=IDMManagedGroups,ou=Groups,dc=cfstest,dc=le,dc=ac,dc=uk

The above example only reads AD groups starting at the specified OU

Then in a Job From LDAP Pass the LDAP URL looks like this:

LDAP://%$rep.LDAP_HOST%:%$rep.LDAP_PORT%/%$rep.LDAP_STARTING_POINT_GROUPS%?*?SUB?%$rep.LDAP_FILTER_GROUPS%

I hope this helps

Paul

0 Kudos

Hello Paul,

could you explain how do you put the LDAP_FILTER in report RSLDAPSYNC_USER?

I haven't found nothing similar to LDAP_FILTER_USERS or LDAP_FILTER_GROUPS or LDAP_STARTING_POINT_GROUPS.

Thanks

Matteo Stocco

0 Kudos

Matteo,

Paul is referring to some SAP NetWeaver IDM specific settings.  If you are not using IDM this is not the correct forum for your question.

Matt

0 Kudos

The forum is correct, but Paul's answer gave an IDM specific answer to the usage.

--> start a new thread and explain your problem...

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

Sorry, my mistake.

0 Kudos

I've alreay open a thread for my problem.

These are the links:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3352695

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3356118