cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AS JAVA installation on Windows Server 2003/SQL Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am completely new to the sap community. Our company purchased recently development license and I am trying to install AS Java on Windows with SQL Server. My goal is to deploy our application which comes as war file on SAP AS.

I got millions of cds and no real instructions how to install it. So I started with "Installation Master SR1" and choose to install SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 1 Support Release 1 > Software Life-Cycle Options > System Copy > MS SQL Server > Target System Installation > Central System > Based on AS Java > Central System

I am getting an error:

An error occurred while processing option SAP NetWeaver 7.0 including Enhancement Package 1 Support Release 1 > Software Life-Cycle Options > System Copy > MS SQL Server > Target System Installation > Central System > Based on AS Java > Central System. You can now:

Choose Retry to repeat the current step.

Choose View Log to get more information about the error.

Stop the option and continue with it later.

Log files are written to C:\Program Files/sapinst_instdir/NW701/LM/COPY/MSS/SYSTEM/CENTRAL/AS-JAVA/.

Can somebody help me to resolve this issue and install AS/JAVA/SQLServer, please?

Thanks a lot

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You are selecting wrong option

"Software Life-Cycle Options > System Copy > MS SQL Server

" just check the installation doucment how to install and what are the option you need to check

[Market Place |www.service.sap.com/instguides]

Regards

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

I got more than 20 cd's. It is impossible to figure out what to install and where the documentation is.

From the gui I found only one option to install the central system and it is under this path.

Can you tell me step by step what to install and from what disk instead of sending me to some documents I don't even know which? Or at least tell me what document I should take a look at?

former_member185031
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to read the installation guire which is available on http://service.sap.com/instguides

After reading the guide you will able to know which cd is required to install the system and how to install the system

Regards,

Subhash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

To install SAP software mainly the bellow types of CDs/DVDs are required

1. Installation Master DVD

2. Kernel DVD

3. Export DVDs

4. Java Software Component DVDs

5. RDBMS DVDs

First you have to identifies the above DVDs and make a note...

Then start Installation Master DVDs....Run sapinst

as You are installaing a new system so, don't go for system copy options.......

Simply go like

SAP <ERP/CRM ...> --> SAP Systems --> <DB Type> --> Central System --> Central System

and follow the instraction ...... give installation type, Software Units, Various DVDs location, system name, System ID, DB info ....etc.

Thanks

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you all.

My problem was related to installation of NetWeaver 7.0 on Windows 32-bit platform which is apparently not supported for Central System.

The workaround is to get back to older version which I do now.

Thank you all for your help

Alex