cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC in XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure whether it is a meaningful question, if not Pardon me.

Whether it is possible to create a FUNCTION MODULE in XI itself (Please note, I want to create a FM in XI and not in R/3)?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

It is posssible to create Function Module in XI.

Only thing is that you have to login to XI server as a developer. You <b>cannot use</b> XIISUSER,XIDIRUSER etc.....

regards

Mahesh.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

STALANKI
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check this out../people/sravya.talanki2/blog/2005/12/21/use-this-crazy-piece-for-any-rfc-mapping-lookups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

XI is installed on WAS(with both ABAP as well as JAVA stack).

So you can definetly create a Function Module on ABAP stack of XI server.You need to just have the required authorisations.

You can even write an ABAp class in XI Abap stack , which we usually do while doing ABAp mapping.

Regards,

Yomesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes. It is possible, as long as the user has all the abap roles assigned to him.

Regards,

Smitha.

Message was edited by: Smitha Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bhavesh and Smitha.

I am trying to do some Lookups and thats where I am trying to place the funtion module in XI itself.

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Lookup s into an XI s internal table or an R3 SAP table?

If R3's SAP table, then there are standard RFC s provided by SAP itself . We ve used the RFC TABLE_ENTRIES_GET_VIA_RFC for the same.

Regards,

Bhavesh

bhavesh_kantilal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Though i ve not tried this, I think it should be possible to create an RFC in XI. This RFC can say look up into XIs internal tables or call another RFC of another R3 system.

But, again if you are going to create an RFC in XI and deal with another R3 system, you will be writing the code in your RFC to connect to the externl R3 system too.

I think this should be possible, but why we are doing this would be more important and should justify the cause.

Regards,

Bhavesh