cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Signature capture in DOE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a scenario where a Mobile user on client can put his signature on the device, after his signature he will sync with the DOE.

Now my question is that how to capture this signature in DOE and then in what format i need to send it back to Backend.

Also after this i need to show this signature back to the Mobile user.How should i approach for this,can anyone please explain in detail.

Regards,

Abhishek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

Maybe, you can refer to this thread, it should give you an idea.

Best regards,

Vinodh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

In addition to what Vinod has told you, we use the attachements support(BLOB type) for this signature capture.

You can follow up with two BLOGS for the same....

1. https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/mobile/createapplicationsusingBinaryMemoandTextMemoinNetweaverMobile+7.1

This Blog takes of the Donload scenario for attachments

2. https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/wiki?path=/display/mobile/uploadingAttachments-NetweaverMobile7.1

This talks of the upload scenario for attachments.

For the signature capture you will have to use the upload scenario but also refer the download scenario for the Design time at DOE.

Thanks,

Swarna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

I tried with the links provided by you but it did not work. Basically i am confused at few places which are described as below :

Under URL https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/mobile/Uploading%20Attachments-%20Netweaver%20Mobile%207.1

it is given that order header table is to be made. Is it required to make this table ?

Also in DOE under Backend Adapters, goto Attachments tab.Here i am not clear that from where these BID_BLOB and DWL_BLOB attributes are coming in SCREENSHOTS provided under above link .

is any specific thing is to be done at middleware . Could you please explain it briefly that what is to be done starting from creating Tables , then BAPIs and then Data Objects.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

any help????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

This blog describes end to end steps to create applications using Binary and text memo.

Order header table is relevant in this scenario that is explained in this blog.This header table can be seen as any table to which the attachment info table is refered.

Order attachment table is the place where actual attachments are stored in backend.

Incase of signature capture,the captured signature should then be stored as an JGP/ PDF/ or any other but at the end the application converts this to binary format and then uploaded to DOE.

Like any other data , this also can be uploaded from device to DOE and inturn stored in backend.

Also , could be downloaded from backend to DOE and then inturn to the device.

Hence you will be using binary memo in DOE.

1) Backend tables should be created where attachments can be stored and retrieved.

2) Dataobjects need to be created with atleast one attribute to store binary data and this attribute should be of type RAWSTRING and checked as 'binary memo'

3) Backend adapters should be created and Function modules to upload and download attachments need to be be made part of attachment function modules. As usual dataobject fields needs to be mapped to the backend structures.

In this blog, if you click on the link given in the beginning, it explains about download scenario(BE>DOE>device)

The download FM here fetches the order text and order image for a particular order id.

To generalise, given the key for storing attachments, this FM has to fetch the attachment details including the image .

DWL_BLOB is the dataobject field to which the order image is mapped to.

In the case of upload scenario(device>DOE>BE), the example uses UPL_BLOB attribute of Dataobject.

and the FM to upload data to BE , persists the data in attachment tables for a orderid.

The field UPL_BLOB is mapped to order image in this scenario.

Basically use one RAWSTRING attribute in your dataobject to store binary data and map it to the appropriate field of backend structure.

Are you trying to follow the same scenario or trying to use this information in your usecase?

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Liji,

Here i have one problem , In the link https://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/mobile/Uploading%20Attachments-%20Netweaver%20Mobile%207.1

when i go to attachment tab of Backend adapter in that i choose Node where header structure is coming but i am not able to see any other attribute in the table under this node , so i am not able to do mapping.

Please correct me if i am going wrong, Below is the structure of different BAPIS that i am using

GET_LIST

Tables -- Zorder_header

ORDERID CHAR 12

CUSTID CHAR 12

HEADERTEXT CHAR 4

SERVICEUNIT CHAR 1

ORDERIMG CHAR 32

EXTENSION CHAR 1

ZNK_ORDER_UPL_BLOB_UPLOAD

Import

ORDERID TYPE ZORD_HEADER-ORDERID

E_ORDERIMG TYPE RAWSTRING

E_HEADERTEXT TYPE STRING

Here ZNK_ORDER_UPL_BLOB_UPLOAD is put under Get_attachments function module in DOE.

In DOE in NOde header i have added one more attribute order_img of type RAW STRING , but this attribute is not appearing under Attachment tab in ORDER_HEADER Node so i can not map . Here i am able to see only orderId attribute .

Please let me know if you require any other inputs.

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Mark the field as BE field and check the binary memo box in the attributes for that field.

You have to do this in node attributes selecting the order_header node.

Activate the dataobject to get this field reflected in the attachment mapping tab

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Liji,

Now i am able to able the field , but after triggering initial load it has not created any table with suffix _BM as it was told in that link.

Also i put breakpoint in the download method but it did not call that. How to check it currently below is the status :

1. I have created a Ztable where in order image table i am storing some binary data and in my download RFC (which i mentioned in GET ATTACHMENT tab ) i am sending this binary data as a export parameter and in middleware this export parameter is mapped to the node attribute of type RAWSTRING.

2. Now i triggred Initial load and put break point in my download RFC , but it has not coming here .

3. Also there is no table like ZDOE0000*_BM .

4. There is no code written in get LIst or GEt _Detail RFC as it is not required because first i want to check this image storage thing in middleware.

Could you please tell me that where i am wrong.

'

Regards,

Abhishek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

I guess you need getlist atleast for the keys to be pulled from backend and for a key , then only attachment will be queried.

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to download the attachment from backend you need to have your backend keys i.e) ORDERID TYPE ZORD_HEADER-ORDERID as importing parameter and your actual attachments

i.e) E_ORDERIMG TYPE RAWSTRING & E_HEADERTEXT TYPE STRING as exporting parameters.

During intial or delta load for each key returned by getList , getDetail will be called to download normal (non MEMO fields) and get attachment module will be called to download attachment.So while doing attachment mapping you have to map both keys and attachemnt fields.

To see the attachment table do the following.

1) Go to your data object root node. You will be shown CDS table name.

2) Copy the CDS name .

3) Go to SE11. Give the CDS table name that you copied. Remove last two character and give *BM(for binary memo) and *TM(for text memo).

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Dhana