cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing Data level Security ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like to Impelement Data level Security in Universe level itself. I have Set For users belonging to Branch (Mumbai, Delhi Etc) And One set of Users Belonging to Segment (CWG, IFA Etc) and Set of users that are combination oif Branch and Segment.

In the Universe I need to set the Security so that only the data related to them can be viewed. When I use a restriction I have to create many restirction and implement the same in Objects as required.

This consumes a lot of time. Is there a easier way out.

I have already Tables in the Database where the secuity values for the users are already stored.

Any help is welcome

Thanks in advance

Suresh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

If you can join from the objects table to the security table, then you can use the tables obtion in the object properties to force the use of this join when selecting an the object. This will provide similar functionality to the access restrictions, as long as your join uses the BOUser variable. You may less work than the access restrictions, but I think it is more confusing.

Regards

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

Ok....But How Can I use the Restriction I have created in All the objects of the universe.

For e.g.. I have Two Classes Named Channel and Relation Manager respectively.

The Channel Class has the following Objects Namely : Channel Type, Channel Country, Channel Zone, Channel State, Channel City and Channel Name. and is Derived from BIDIMCHANNEL Table

The Relation Manager Class has following Objects Namely: RM Segment, RM City, RM Branch RM Name. and is Derived from BIDIMRM Table.

I have Created the a Restriction on Channel name By Using the Clause "BIDIMChannel.ChannelName = 'AHMEDABAD' and have assigned it to an BO User.

While using WEBI whenever I Select Anything regarding the Channel Class the restriction works fine. When We I Exclusively Select "Relation Manager" Class, the restriction is Not Applied and the entire data is visible.

Can you Suggest a manner in which the restriction given above can be applied for all the objects belonging to the universe and not just to the class objects where the restrictions are being applied.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

The option outlined above only works on an object by object basis. If you have XI 3.x you can create a condition and mark it as mandatory in either the class or the universe. This condition would then include a check on the security key

Regards

Alan