Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SU10 Recording .. IMP ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to add roles using SU10, and using BDC for the same. However, the screen where we add the roles are not getting recorded ( manully it is happening, but in BDC we are unable to record it ). Could you please suggest if there is something special for SU10 tcode. We tried using SHDB, manually putting screens, etc.. but with no success.

<removed_by_moderator>

Thank you in advance.

Best Regards,

Sandipan

Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jun 8, 2009 2:25 PM

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there any reason why you are using BDC instead of SECATT or LSMW?

0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you all for your reply. The basic reason for not using eCATT is because, there are much restrictions of using eCATT in production environment and also using a testing tool for data upload is usually not recomended.

About scrolling, it could be taken care of and we are not expecting so many roles, so that scrolling could be required.

What is surprising is that, the fields where the roles are added is not getting recorded. After recording The fields are not reflected in the BDC. The system we are using is ecc 6.0. It also seems that the program for SU10 got changed in ecc 6 from 4.7. Just wandering if something special is required, or anything we are missing.

Best Regards,

Sandipan

0 Kudos

Personally I would use eCATTs or LSMW for that particular job, followed by getting a developer to work with BAPI_USER_ACTGROUPS_ASSIGN and BAPI_USER_GET_DETAIL, followed by then using BDC's. To be honest I can't see much practical difference between eCATT/LSMW/BDC if it not being regularly used.

Onto the BDC session, have you tried recording SU01 to see if that has the same problem? If you test with that, one gotcha is that the user type field can throw some errors if you don't specify it (despite not actually changing it).

Good luck!

0 Kudos

Hi,

Tried out creating a test BDC for SU10 and it did created an entry for the role, try the Alex way (SU01) and see if the screen for role assignment is getting recorded.

(Program SAPLSUU5, Screen 0100, Field Name : USAGR-AGR_NAME(01)).

PS : Just to make sure, are you changing any settings while starting the recording.

Cheers !!

Zaheer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandipan

One issue with SHDB I recollect is the Scrolling.If you are assigning roles which require screen movements those might not get recorded. Scrollbar movements are not recorded in Screen Painter screens.I think you have to use function keys for positioning of the screen movements.

Let us know...Well as Alex mentioned SECATT will do a better job.

thanks

Santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> I am trying to add roles using SU10, and using BDC for the same. However, the screen where we add the roles are not getting recorded ( manully it is happening, but in BDC we are unable to record it ). Could you please suggest if there is something special for SU10 tcode. We tried using SHDB, manually putting screens, etc.. but with no success.

>

> <removed_by_moderator>

>

> Thank you in advance.

>

> Best Regards,

> Sandipan

>

> Edited by: Julius Bussche on Jun 8, 2009 2:25 PM

SECATT as the others suggested. Use SU01 if you decided to use SECATT.