cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data selection info package

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am new to this and am not competent in ABAP.

We have an external system where we are suppose to extract data out using UD connect.

1/ I need to do delta uploads. I understand that I can do this with the data selection tab with the "yesterday" on a date field. Unfortunately all dates are set in a CDC Key format ( CDC key "1" = 12 June 1987) in the external system. This means that its just a number. What I need to do is convert this to date format somehow. I donot have the rights to make any changes in the external system.

I can do this at update rules. create zcdckey then make zdate an attrib of zcdckey. load the infoprovider then using master attrib of.

But then all the data will be coming across and then deleted. This will take too long.

I also need to do use 0calday/ocalmonth... would this be possible in the update rules?

2/ I also need to run the load twice from the same infosource:

external table:

prod ttlsales ttl-2-sales

1 100 200

in infocube:

prod ttlsales

1 100

2 100

Can anyone provide sample abap routine code for these 2 problems (I understand that abap is not supported with udconnect but is this at infopackage level, transfer rules, start routines??)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

martin_lehmann4
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Avinesh,

at 1/:

You could select with a ABAP selection in the selection tab of your infopackage (choose the line of characteristic zdate -> field "Type (Variable Change ....)" -> type in "6" -> a input field "Name" appears for the name of the routine -> form compute_ZDATE appears) . There you can define a selection and write it into the structure l_t_range, wich inserts new selection lines for zdate in the selection tab. I could post you the sample code for a function you could call in the form compute_ZDATE. I tried to insert it here, but it is difficult because of formatting reasons.

Hope this helps

Martin Lehmann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin can you please send me the sample code to avinesh.bahadur@nzlotteries.co.nz and to avinesh.bahadur@gmail.com

Regards

Avinesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sample code for infopack selection yesterday:

data: l_idx like sy-tabix,

yester type d.

read table l_t_range with key

fieldname = 'ZDATE'.

l_idx = sy-tabix.

yester = sy-datum - 1.